Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

school supplies

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM
  • 12 Replies

I just went "shopping" for what it would cost for school supplies for my son. Who will be 3 in june and it will cost about $30 to $40 for some flash cards and alphabet board. I'm kind of excited to start teaching my son some more.

Also I found out that in order to homeschool my son I have to either have someone else teach him who is qulified or have 45 college credits which i over qulify for, I'll have 115+ when I am done. I also don't have to report him being homeschooled till he is 8, which gives me some extra years to get used to how to set up school planns and scheduals.

CafeMom Tickers

Owner of Seattle Tattoo Momma's                          http://www.cafemom.com/group/109919/

by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM

That is great!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 12:28 PM

What state are you in? I've never heard of any state requiring anything but high school to homeschool.

Camey82
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 2:03 PM

That's what I was wondering. Just another way they are trying to regulate home schooling parents. Think about how many people that may exclude. Luckily both my husband and I together exceed that and we can also meet the requirement individually, but I'd be rather upset if we didn't. 

Quoting mem82:

What state are you in? I've never heard of any state requiring anything but high school to homeschool.

Bookoholic
by Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Washington state

Quoting mem82:

CafeMom Tickers

Owner of Seattle Tattoo Momma's                          http://www.cafemom.com/group/109919/

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Wow, college or take a qualifying course or have a waiver by the super. That's rough!

Quoting Bookoholic:

Washington state

Quoting mem82:

Bookoholic
by Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I have already enough college credits so, it wont be hard for me.

Quoting mem82:

Wow, college or take a qualifying course or have a waiver by the super. That's rough!

Quoting Bookoholic:

Washington state

Quoting mem82:

CafeMom Tickers

oredeb
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 5:05 PM

wow i thought washington was a lot easier than that? wow! surprized! we are in oregon and its easier down here!

im glad you are able to do it yourself book! sounds like your ready to have some fun!!

krazymama4
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:45 PM

yes washington is that way i used to live there and was homeschooling

Bookoholic
by Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Yeah I am, My parents think I'm nuts, but today just prooved to me I'm not. A kid at an elementary school brought a gun to school and shot a kid in my state. Once again I feel more like homeschooling is the way to go, I'm not saying it's the schools fault the kid got shot, but at least I will KNOW the majority of kids around my own and there parents. Plus this way I don't have to deal with the cr*p my parents went through with there kids, in public schools.

Quoting oredeb:

wow i thought washington was a lot easier than that? wow! surprized! we are in oregon and its easier down here!

im glad you are able to do it yourself book! sounds like your ready to have some fun!!

CafeMom Tickers

5BMom
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Here in Idaho we literally have to do nothing but teach our kids, ages 7-16, what they would be taught in the course of a public education.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN