Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I just went "shopping" for what it would cost for school supplies for my son. Who will be 3 in june and it will cost about $30 to $40 for some flash cards and alphabet board. I'm kind of excited to start teaching my son some more.

Also I found out that in order to homeschool my son I have to either have someone else teach him who is qulified or have 45 college credits which i over qulify for, I'll have 115+ when I am done. I also don't have to report him being homeschooled till he is 8, which gives me some extra years to get used to how to set up school planns and scheduals.

CafeMom Tickers

Owner of Seattle Tattoo Momma's                          http://www.cafemom.com/group/109919/

by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Replies (11-12):
Bookoholic
by Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 2:40 AM

I don't really mind what they have set for reqirements in order to teach your child, But I just hope that over time my parents can understand and like my decision.

poohbear1183
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I am in Oregon, too! I am surprised that you are from here too. It seems that there are not a lot if Oregonians on these online HS groups. Where abouts are you from? I am originally from Tillamook, then moved to the Portland area and now I am in Central Oregon. My girls are nearly 4 and nearly 2. Some days it gts crazy, but it works for us.

Quoting oredeb:

wow i thought washington was a lot easier than that? wow! surprized! we are in oregon and its easier down here!

im glad you are able to do it yourself book! sounds like your ready to have some fun!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)