Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I'm afraid to post this because I may jinx myself.

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 10:35 AM
  • 20 Replies
But things have been going really well! The morning sickness is practically gone (after 25 weeks. Lol) and my energy is somewhat returning. I have more desire to do things and get back on track. We have even been doubling up on math to make up for the 3 weeks we spent when we switched to life of Fred (we are back to Saxon).

Now if I can just keep it up!! No more road blocks - please!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 10:37 AM

yea boobah!!!! now you can help the other moms who are not feeling well(morning sickness)!! you survived!!! yea!!! have fun!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 21, 2012 at 10:50 AM
I know! I learned a lot from those months of no energy and running to the bathroom. ;)
I'm sure baby will throw a new spin on my routine, but we just have to work through it, too!

Quoting oredeb:

yea boobah!!!! now you can help the other moms who are not feeling well(morning sickness)!! you survived!!! yea!!! have fun!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:15 AM

good luck!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Says the mom of an infant as she snickers knowingly. ;)

Quoting mem82:

good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Camey82
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Wow, I could have posted the SAME thing. I'm 19 weeks and have dreaded homeschooling everyday for the last four months. We're not behind, but we're making some serious changes. We are currently using a public charter school to school at home. The sheer amount of work is taking the fun out of learning for us. It's SO much like the public school. Too much "busy" stuff and not enough real learning. With  four children (and one on the way) we need flexibility at it's best.

Keeping on someone else's schedule was just stressful and unnecessary! It was taking between 6 and 10 hours a day to do everything in order to not fall behind....can you say BURNT OUT!? That on top of being pregnant, sick, and tired?? NOT a good recipe for home school! We are withdrawing from the pcs as soon as we can. We're going to finish the last four months of this year with time4learning and continue using Calvert with my kindergartener. It's a relief just saying it!

Glad you're feeling better!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:47 AM

LOL You know what, I took a 3 HOUR NAP everyday I was pregnant. I would just pass out no matter what. We really struggled because I just kept sleeping. LOL At least with having Nikki on my lap, I can couch teach a few things, though, we are just now starting to get on a schedule. you are going to do great!

Quoting Boobah:

Quoting mem82:

good luck!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Wow! That sounds crazy! How old are your kiddos?

Quoting Camey82:

Wow, I could have posted the SAME thing. I'm 19 weeks and have dreaded homeschooling everyday for the last four months. We're not behind, but we're making some serious changes. We are currently using a public charter school to school at home. The sheer amount of work is taking the fun out of learning for us. It's SO much like the public school. Too much "busy" stuff and not enough real learning. With  four children (and one on the way) we need flexibility at it's best.

Keeping on someone else's schedule was just stressful and unnecessary! It was taking between 6 and 10 hours a day to do everything in order to not fall behind....can you say BURNT OUT!? That on top of being pregnant, sick, and tired?? NOT a good recipe for home school! We are withdrawing from the pcs as soon as we can. We're going to finish the last four months of this year with time4learning and continue using Calvert with my kindergartener. It's a relief just saying it!

Camey82
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:55 AM

It really is. My children are 8, 4, 3, and 1. Our last is due mid July. I am so utterly relieved to be moving to a more traditional method! It's just going to work so much better with our family dynamic. Five chldren, two two and under..? Not good when you're on someone else's schedule.

Quoting mem82:

Wow! That sounds crazy! How old are your kiddos?

Quoting Camey82:

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 21, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Wow! I thought about that several times during my slump. We almost used k12.com and I kept thinking "thank goodness we decided not to!". There was no way I could have handled someone telling me what I needed to do and when. So yes, we slacked off.... A lot. Haha! But we are making up for it. We couldn't do that on someone else's schedule, like you said.
I even considered switching to k12 during my low point because I couldn't fathom trying to plan anything. I just wanted someone to do it for me. But then I remembered that I'd still have to do a ton, and probably more than I would our way.
I'm glad you figured out something that will work! Good luck! I can honestly say that I am 100% happy we chose the traditional route.

Quoting Camey82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 21, 2012 at 12:05 PM
I try to take one while my 2.5 yo naps, but sometimes I can't because it's the only chance I have to get other things done. Today, mommy is taking a nap! This rain makes me so tired! I always think of how lucky I am to even have the opportunity. So many people I know are pregnant right now and have to work all day. I would fall asleep. Ha!

Quoting mem82:

LOL You know what, I took a 3 HOUR NAP everyday I was pregnant. I would just pass out no matter what. We really struggled because I just kept sleeping. LOL At least with having Nikki on my lap, I can couch teach a few things, though, we are just now starting to get on a schedule. you are going to do great!

Quoting Boobah:

Quoting mem82:

good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)