Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HS stigma, how do you deal?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok, so I have noticed one common trend when my children require some sort of medical intervention like ear infections, or asthma flare ups, or eczema outbreaks, you know, things that really do need a prescription for the comfort of the lil one. That one stigma is that my children wouldn't have these issues if they were in public school! Have you ever had this happen? Maybe not with illness, but just in general, that your kiddo was somehow (other than socially, no one outside the community will ever understand that they really do have friends) damaged by not being in ps? Its so frustrating to me! They did not get a bacterial infection because they are not exposed to a petri dish of public schools! Frustrating. Share your stories and how you were able to handle them.

by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Replies (11-13):
Moma3boyz
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I have ran into a time or two. Lol. Just this week a stranger walked up to me and asked why my kids wasnt in school. When my husband told her we homeschooled she looks at me and told me I should put them back in a real school so they could learn what they need to. My hubby stood there with his mouth hanging open. It was his first time dealing with not so well meaning people. I just polity told her that my kids are well ahead of any public school and we are doing what is best for us. She just grunted and walked away. My kids just laughed. They know why we homeschool and they have had their run ins with the questions. The last person to ask them about school got told they went to the best school, at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hottmommi42
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 1:45 PM
How old are your kids? Their answer proves one of my greatest goals of hs which is them not feeling like the have to run w the crowd to be normal and accepted, they can do what's best and be awesome! Love their answer.

Quoting Moma3boyz:

I have ran into a time or two. Lol. Just this week a stranger walked up to me and asked why my kids wasnt in school. When my husband told her we homeschooled she looks at me and told me I should put them back in a real school so they could learn what they need to. My hubby stood there with his mouth hanging open. It was his first time dealing with not so well meaning people. I just polity told her that my kids are well ahead of any public school and we are doing what is best for us. She just grunted and walked away. My kids just laughed. They know why we homeschool and they have had their run ins with the questions. The last person to ask them about school got told they went to the best school, at home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moma3boyz
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:54 PM
They are 12,11, & 6.

Quoting hottmommi42:

How old are your kids? Their answer proves one of my greatest goals of hs which is them not feeling like the have to run w the crowd to be normal and accepted, they can do what's best and be awesome! Love their answer.

Quoting Moma3boyz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)