Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite books ABOUT education?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 6:14 PM
  • 1 Replies

I thought it would be helpful to new Homeschoolers if we compiled a list of our favorite books about education/ education reform/ child-rearing and teaching techniques.  As I love to research I'd like some more books as well. 

Here are mine

Teach Your Own/ How Children Fail/ How Children Succeed all by John Holt

Books by Charlotte Mason available as a free e-book or as a paraphrased e-book at http://www.amblesideonline.com/

The New Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease

The Strong-willed Child by James Dobson

How to Talk so your Kids will Listen and How to Listen so your Kids will Talk by ( I can't find the book so I can't tell you the author!)

I should also add one for mothers of all boys.   "Little Men" by Louisa May Alcott  Though I know it is a literature book and I'm only 3/4 done with it, it has given me my answer to the ever redundant comment . . .

"Boy you got your hands full!"

"Bless me, I couldn't get on at all without my flock of dear, noisy, naughty, harum-scarum little lads!!

Louisa May Alcott in "Little Men"

by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 21, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Things We Wish We'd Known: A Guide to Abundant-Life Homeschooling

Who do parents turn to with questions about homeschooling, whether they're novices, long-timers, or just testing the waters?

Experienced homeschoolers. Who better to answer the questions arising from any serious endeavor than those who have been there, done that, and found a better way?

In "Things We Wish We'd Known," Bill and Diana Waring, authors of "Beyond Survivial: A Guide to Abundant-Life Homeschooling," make available to you the time-earned secrets of fifty veteran homeschooling families. Coming from pioneers and leaders in the homeschooling community, "Things We Wish We'd Known" will become an indispensible guide and inspiration for your own journey.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)