Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Is it wrong?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM
  • 15 Replies
To not do school this week due to us moving on thurs/fri. We are moving almost 3hrs from here and we have to go up wed night and come back thurs pack everything up and leave by fri. Since we didnt have school yesterday I just decided to just take the whole week off. My hubby works over there so he wont be home until thurs. I have to pack up the whole house alone! So needless to say me and dd are a little sidetracked right now. Is it wrong to skip a few days for sanity?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

NO, That is one of the wonderful things about homeschooling you can take days off when you need to!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd take 2 weeks off! LOL

calimom1123
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Ok thanks ladies that makes me feel better! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wanderingwolf
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 2:25 AM

No. Take as many days off as you need. As long as you get in the required number of days for your state take off as many days as needed.

romacox
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Not at all.  Home School children are usually well ahead of their public school counter parts.  So it is not the hours that count, it is  what they learn that counts.  

Even a move can have its educational moments.  While traveling, take time to play games like "who can find large words, and sound them out---  Singing the ABC song (if your children are little ones)---.  Counting the toys as the toys are packed into the box---have the kids write the contents on the box, ext.

oredeb
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Haha! This is totally me. ;)

Quoting mem82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeddiChi
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Me too lol! I'm so happy I'm not the only one who thinks like this, hehe.

Quoting mem82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oregonbossfan
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Take the time off an call it a teacher "in service" day-haha.  Relax and just focus on the move-which can be very, very stressful.  Also look at this as a social study/life skills lesson-Moving 101. 

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Lol, no it's not wrong in fact during our moving weeks in the past I didn't have us do school, just too much to do and deal with outside of school.  With us, as I think most homeschoolers, making up the time is easy and if it makes you feel better our local public schools aren't even open this entire week so your children aren't the only ones out of school :-)  I wish you all the best of luck during your move!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)