Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
To not do school this week due to us moving on thurs/fri. We are moving almost 3hrs from here and we have to go up wed night and come back thurs pack everything up and leave by fri. Since we didnt have school yesterday I just decided to just take the whole week off. My hubby works over there so he wont be home until thurs. I have to pack up the whole house alone! So needless to say me and dd are a little sidetracked right now. Is it wrong to skip a few days for sanity?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Replies (11-15):
vsjc
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Heck, sometimes my girls wake up in cranky moods... so we don't do school. Some days we go visit great grandpa... so we don't do school. My son was sick last week... so my GIRLS didn't do school. The kids are still almost completely through their curriculum for the year, and it's February. They retain more when their heads are "in the game." Every day of life is educational anyway, and moving is a great lesson.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChangingSeasons
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

No! Give yourself a break. Flexibility is a wonderful advantage to homeschooling. Plus, what good will it do your kids to be "taught" by someone who will be so sidetracked by packing and moving? Take the week off and keep your sanity ;) haha

oredeb
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 5:56 PM

packing and moving and unpacking are very educational!!!! so you really wont be taking any time off!

just doing some hands on learning!

MedicMommy2
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I would so take a week.....probably two...ok ok more like 3 off. I can't teach when I am scattered, my kids can't learn when things are a mess. I would not even think twice about it. My son has done a whole semester worth of work in 2 months, so you can easily make up the time.

calimom1123
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Thanks ladies!! I cant believe the amount of time and energy it takes to move!! I almost want to leave everything in boxes so I dont have to pack up next time lol.. Dd doesnt mind the break either.. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)