Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What do you think ??

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:38 AM
  • 7 Replies

I school two children. Lucy is in secondish and Ava is in kinderish. All we have been doing is reading and math. I really don't know how to fit in anything else between the two of them plus my almost 2 year old.

I am thinking of maybe Tuesdays do histroy and Fridays science. So I don't burn them out with the same thing at home every day.

What do you do?

JIll

by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Camey82
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

That sounds like a great plan. They don't necessarily have to have those to subjects everyday. Perhaps alternate days with each subject. Depending on what you're doing in science, you're going to need a day or two in between anyway to view results, work on a project, or record data. Sounds like you're on the right track!

bugayfamilyof4
by Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Thank you Camey82 !! I don't want to burn me or them out but want a well rounded education for them if that is possible. There will be stuff that they will have to learn them selves when they get a little older. I still want try.

wanderingwolf
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Exploring Science (for K4 or K5) has two different schedules.  There is a 2-day schedule composed of 20 minute lesson plans for both the two days and there is a 5-day schedule, with each day being 10 min.  I'm going to do the 5-day 10 minute schedule because there's more science activities for the kids to do.  

I think if you worry that the kids will be overloaded or burned out by having subjects every day of the week then do what you think is best.  They may have more fun from Science and History being only two days a week and that way you can focus on other subjecs they are struggling with or need to work on. 

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

You have to do what will work for your family! I would give it a try & tweak it in to what works for you.

5BMom
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 12:39 PM
We do science once a week and right now cover history, social studies, and literature through living books.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 12:48 PM

We're also a big fan of education TV and I always pick up a few books on science or history at the library for the kids to flip through. Sometimes that leads to questions and teachable moments. Try to make your house as learning friendly as possible!

Quoting 5BMom:

We do science once a week and right now cover history, social studies, and literature through living books.

oredeb
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 2:03 PM

sounds great jlll!  i know lots of moms that do that

i do the same thing every day math, lang arts, then unit study which includes all the other subjects

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)