Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Breaks

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 11:57 AM
  • 5 Replies

Today is our last day with ETC 1 and MSU primer. Would it be ok to take a break for a bit, or should I go ahead and start him on the next ones? I've made him take "tests" I made to make sure he has mastered the skills and he has. Part of  me is uncomfortable with taking a break because i'm affraid it'll be hard to get him to start again, but part of me is saying a break is ok because he blew through both programs in just over a month (when we started he knew a lot of it). What would you do?

by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 22, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I would take a break & start the new stuff on Monday!

5BMom
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 12:56 PM
We are almost done with ETC 1 (lesson 9 this week) and we are taking a break for a couple of weeks to work on reading the BOB Books level one with less sounding out and more fluency. Also, we finish addition up to the 4 family and instead of starting subtraction right a way, we will firm up our addition facts for a couple of weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pepsi_lover_mom
by Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 1:29 PM

what are the BOB books? I dont think I've heard of them.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 22, 2012 at 1:54 PM

http://www.bobbooks.com/

They are easy readers that start with the simplest words and grow with your reader. We loved them! They come with a sticker sheet and tracking booklet.  We started with the foundation set - not the "Earliest  readers"

As for the break, I would probably take the rest of this week off but start again on Monday. It's a reward for a great job but not  TOO long of a break.

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

oredeb
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 1:57 PM

take a break!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)