Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

field trips??

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:34 AM
  • 14 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pepsi_lover_mom
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Last night we got an unexpected study of the emergency medical system. Ds ended up calling 911 because i passed out from really bad stomach cramps. What is amazing is he took a lot out of everything. He said that its important to stay calm when something bad is happening because you can think better. He said  the ambulance put his car seat in it before we left so he could be safe and they buckled me up for safety. He learned (and i guess asked lots of questions) about IVS, heart monitors, EKGs, etc.. My father said when he got up there ds was sitting in the chair asking the nurse 100 questions and taking a mental note of every answer. So a bad situation turned into a really good learning experience.

Friday ds is going to the Amtrak station with my dad to ride a real passenger train to the other side of the metro then turn around and come back after they get some lunch.

Saturday we were supposed to go to a war reenactment but I'm not feeling up to par for that so my parents are going to take him and I'm going to stay home and rest.

Monday ds gets to deal with more medical and take a "field trip" to the internal medicine dr with me....he has already said he hopes they have body parts for him to play with lol.

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 23, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Wow, That was some adventure you had! I hope you get better soon & I am glad to here your son handled the whole thing well.

He will love the train ride, when I was a kid we would take the train to visit family in other states & I loved ridding on them.

War reinactments! How cool is that he gets to go with his Grandparents!

So glad he is looking forward to your Dr.'s appointment.

Quoting pepsi_lover_mom:

Last night we got an unexpected study of the emergency medical system. Ds ended up calling 911 because i passed out from really bad stomach cramps. What is amazing is he took a lot out of everything. He said that its important to stay calm when something bad is happening because you can think better. He said  the ambulance put his car seat in it before we left so he could be safe and they buckled me up for safety. He learned (and i guess asked lots of questions) about IVS, heart monitors, EKGs, etc.. My father said when he got up there ds was sitting in the chair asking the nurse 100 questions and taking a mental note of every answer. So a bad situation turned into a really good learning experience.

Friday ds is going to the Amtrak station with my dad to ride a real passenger train to the other side of the metro then turn around and come back after they get some lunch.

Saturday we were supposed to go to a war reenactment but I'm not feeling up to par for that so my parents are going to take him and I'm going to stay home and rest.

Monday ds gets to deal with more medical and take a "field trip" to the internal medicine dr with me....he has already said he hopes they have body parts for him to play with lol.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 23, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I was planning on the conservatory today, but some little girls decided not to listen and procrastinated so we stayed home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 23, 2012 at 2:07 PM

No out of the house trips for us but my kids got to see Dad take the TV apart last night to find out why it had lost all the red color in the picture. So we will be with out TV until the part gets here some time next week, maybe we will go on some field trips this weekend!

swim-mom72
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Quoting pepsi_lover_mom:

oh wow! I really hope you are ok. What an amazing little man you have.

No field trips for us this week. My youngest did have a tween outing on Tuesday. They played board games and PE type of games. And we have our weekly co-op tomorrow.

oredeb
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 5:39 PM

wow pepsi! hands on learning!! yea for your son!!! oh hhh train ride thats gona be so fun!

hahahahah body parts to play with!hahah so cute! how old is son?

are you doing ok?

Quoting pepsi_lover_mom:

oredeb
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 5:40 PM
2 moms liked this

yea way to go mom!! stick in to what you say! yea!

Quoting Boobah:

I was planning on the conservatory today, but some little girls decided not to listen and procrastinated so we stayed home.

pepsi_lover_mom
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 6:47 PM

I am sad I have to miss the train ride! I was looking forward to it lol.

He will be 6 in June. He loves all things medical, my rheumatologists office always has hips and knees that he plays with and usually the first 5mins of any appointment he is asking questions to the drs about photos, charts, or body parts lol.

I am doing alright. I still have no memory of what happened after i walked into my room up until I woke up in the ER. They are supposed to call me next week to schedule an endoscopy and my primary care called today and had me come in for more labs. I have strict orders to rest for at least the next 72 hours. I told the nurse mothers don't rest, and being a single mom I'm surprised I can say the word rest lol.

No one has any idea why my stomach hurt bad enough to make me collapse, they don't know if i had a seizure, all they know is my stomach is uber messed up and they have to find out whats wrong so they can be sure this doesn't happen again. They say I am very lucky my heart responded so well to what was going on because apparently having 2 heart attacks in the last 8 months puts me at risk for another very easily. Its all a waiting game at this point, and as i'm sure we all know the waiting game is the worst part.

Quoting oredeb:

wow pepsi! hands on learning!! yea for your son!!! oh hhh train ride thats gona be so fun!

hahahahah body parts to play with!hahah so cute! how old is son?

are you doing ok?

Quoting pepsi_lover_mom:

koko369
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:55 AM

We are going to the National Museum of Play tomorrow! This will be our 2nd trip because there was too much to see the 1st time. They also have a butterfly garden with butterflies flying all around and the various stages of life.

msmed
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:35 AM

We went to Inner Space Cavern http://www.myinnerspacecavern.com/home.php yesterday.  It was a really fun & interesting tour!  It's a live cave with lots of cool formations and we got to see bones from prehistoric animals (sabre tooth tiger, wolly mammoth, etc.) that had fallen through the cave and became trapped.  Also, got a up close and personal view of the Pipistrelle bats that live there.  I never think of bats as being cute . . . but these were cute!  Tiny little things.  The cave is really well preserved and beautiful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)