Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Replies (11-14):
oredeb
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:56 AM

neat!!!! love the picture, that water looks good enough to drink! i bet this was a fun field trip!

Quoting msmed:

We went to Inner Space Cavern http://www.myinnerspacecavern.com/home.php yesterday.  It was a really fun & interesting tour!  It's a live cave with lots of cool formations and we got to see bones from prehistoric animals (sabre tooth tiger, wolly mammoth, etc.) that had fallen through the cave and became trapped.  Also, got a up close and personal view of the Pipistrelle bats that live there.  I never think of bats as being cute . . . but these were cute!  Tiny little things.  The cave is really well preserved and beautiful.

recanada
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:22 PM
We go to the library, parks with other families, hikes, waterfalls, dentist visits always turn educational, tomorrow we are going to go see the annual Monarch butterfly migration. Millions of butterflies swarm through Pismo Beach every year. Up by Cambria is the annual birthing grounds of elephant seals and we might go up there in the next couple weeks. I normally only do free things. Sometimes we'll just take a drive and stop for photo ops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msmed
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Quoting oredeb:

neat!!!! love the picture, that water looks good enough to drink! i bet this was a fun field trip!

Quoting msmed:

We went to Inner Space Cavern http://www.myinnerspacecavern.com/home.php yesterday.  It was a really fun & interesting tour!  It's a live cave with lots of cool formations and we got to see bones from prehistoric animals (sabre tooth tiger, wolly mammoth, etc.) that had fallen through the cave and became trapped.  Also, got a up close and personal view of the Pipistrelle bats that live there.  I never think of bats as being cute . . . but these were cute!  Tiny little things.  The cave is really well preserved and beautiful.

Thanks, it was!  The water is 98% pure apparently.  We could've used a drink of it after trekking around the caves!

oredeb
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:26 PM

sounds like fun!!!

Quoting recanada:

We go to the library, parks with other families, hikes, waterfalls, dentist visits always turn educational, tomorrow we are going to go see the annual Monarch butterfly migration. Millions of butterflies swarm through Pismo Beach every year. Up by Cambria is the annual birthing grounds of elephant seals and we might go up there in the next couple weeks. I normally only do free things. Sometimes we'll just take a drive and stop for photo ops.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN