Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Has anyone joined something similar?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 1:41 PM
  • 3 Replies
Sorry that I'm posting a lot o questions today :)
I'm new to this & trying to learn as much as I can!

So, locally there is a church that offers homeschooling children prek-12 th grade a one day a week class. I don't quite know the full details...was just skimming it for now. I think the younger ones meet from 9am- noon. The high school maybe a little longer.
They follow the classical style... This really doesn't bother me-- I don't think I can label myself with just one style anyhow. They do not cover math & phonics/spelling.
I just thought it sounds pretty neat. Sorry for typos & inconsistent thoughts- on my phone.

The price is around 250$ per semester.
Just thought it maybe another support system in place- until I get my homeschooling "wings" ;)

Didn't know if anyone else has done A similar program.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Saraho5
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 1:43 PM
I think they do history, science, and a bible lesson...every other week art & a classical composer or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 23, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Don't apologise for wanting to learn as much as you can about homeschooling.

I have never joind a program like that but they do have them here where I live & I have friends that are in them. My friends are always raving about the programs & tell me how great it is!

oredeb
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 5:45 PM

hey sarah we love it when you ask questions! sounds like a church co op! i teach at one a couple days a week, good way for kids to interact with each other, learn from another person, etc!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN