Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

HI

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:47 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi my name is Jay and I am a homeschooling mother of five(only three are school aged). We are very active in our childrens live and monitor what they watch and listen to. This was one of reasons for homeschooling. We moved to the Sioux Falls area in June and would love to meet other homeschooling families. We hope to have our children make friends with other children who may have some of the same things going on at home. Our family is against us homeschooling and we think if they meet other homeschooling families they will see that it realy is alright to be homeschooled.

by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Hello! Welcome to our group!

8) I'm in Ohio.

oredeb
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM

welcome jay!! great to meet you! not sure where sioux falls is, but we are in oregon.

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Welcome Jay! I think we all deal with unapproving friends & family in the beginning.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Welcome, this is me as well. :)

Quoting mem82:

Hello! Welcome to our group!

8) I'm in Ohio.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romacox
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Most home school groups register with their State Home School Association.  Your association will provide that information for free to you,  so that can connect with others in your area.  South Dakota has two associations that I was able to locate:  You can find them at this link:  South Dakota Home School Associations

poohbear1183
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I get strange looks when I tell people that my daughter didn't go to school today or when she tells people that mom is her teacher. My in-laws even volunteered to pay for a rpeschool that was not way exspensive and close to our house. We haven't done much in 2 weeks cause every one has been sick. I guess what I am saying is that I feel what you are going through.

calimom1123
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Welcome!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)