Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What book is your child reading (or you are reading to them)?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:26 AM
  • 41 Replies

For fun or for school?

by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM
DS1 is on book 4, Inheritance, of the Inheritance cycle (Eragon books)

DS2 is reading a Halo novel.

DD and I are reading Black Beauty. She's reading SO well! Its older english so it has some difficult words and the history ha been fun explaining the times and the setting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:56 AM

We're supposed to be reading the first book in The Mysterious Benedict Society series; but Autumn is out of town at the fun parks with her grandparents until tomorrow. Lol.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

Make Money From Home! www.sellhealthyproducts.com

rapunzelsroom
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:58 AM

dd1 (7) just started reading Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary. dd2 is 5 and readinga bunch of early readers :)

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:39 AM

All 4 of mine love when I read books from the magic treehouse series. 

swim-mom72
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:19 PM

My 14 yo son is reading Duncan's War. My 11 yo son just finished up Anne of Avonlee. And I am reading Grimm's Fairy Tales to them.

MumsTheWord571
by Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:21 PM
We pick 3-4 short books every day & read that. I am not sure what chapter book might be ideal for a 3 yr old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BLW091104
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Magic TreeHouse#1 Dinosaurs before Dark

Knightquester
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:31 PM

We're covering a plant book I bought for science this month, and they each have their history they read for school.

For fun: 1st child is reading Pretty Monsters; 2nd child is reading book 3 (The Wide Window) of A Series of Unfortunate Events; 3rd child is reading This Totally Bites; and 4th child is reading Roverandom.

kittyfaery
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:32 PM
If you dont mind me asking, how old is your ds1? I was thinking about seeing if my 8 year would want to read Eragon but wasn't sure if he is too young.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

DS1 is on book 4, Inheritance, of the Inheritance cycle (Eragon books)

DS2 is reading a Halo novel.

DD and I are reading Black Beauty. She's reading SO well! Its older english so it has some difficult words and the history ha been fun explaining the times and the setting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Book #1 of Box Car Children
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN