Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I have a small library of books for my toddler

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:25 AM
  • 7 Replies

I believe that learning thru books is very important. I put together a library of books for my toddler before he was born.

And he and I look for books all the time to add onto his little library everywhere and anywhere that we can find them. 

We usually have bedtime book reading or just randomly read every chance we get.

Since, I am now, again, a stay at home mom, we do everything together and I am his only teacher until he actually begins preschool within the next two months. 

80s bluei love being here; thank you for spending time with me and sharing your thoughts. 

by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Reading to your child is a wonderful thing!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

We have lots of books, too. 8)

EDDES
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Yeah, you know, I wanted to get my son more toys but some how I end up buying more books and we do enjoy the books very much together; he really loves looking at the pictures and saying the words and colors and shapes and animals, all of it. I recently got one big book on dinosaurs and another one on the earth's science, very interesting, cant wait to start on those new books.

EDDES
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Sometimes I go to used books stores and thrift stores to get books for us because I am on a budget and Barnes and Noble is just getting too expensive for us.

At the thrift stores80s pinkboy kissing mom, we have found some great books for 49cents, in really good condition; some look like they are brand new. 

EDDES
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:18 PM

That is great! I love it when it is cold outside or the weather is just damp and rainy, and I have already done all the things for the day, and I just kick back with my son and read a few books and then he starts pointing at pictures in the books and it is fun...it is a great time of quiet bonding with my child and it is very enjoyable......I am a happy mom.quiet

oredeb
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

hi eddes!! yes looking at and reading books with our kids is a great time, helps them with reading and us!

are you going to teach him when hes school age? or sending him to public school?

EDDES
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I will continue to teach him even after he begins school. There are alot of things to learn. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN