Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschooling at age three?

Posted by   + Show Post

New here! My name is Paget and my dd is three years old. Her name is Brielle. I want to start homeschooling her till this fall when she can start preschool.  I used to do daycare for ages three but that was so structured and most kids have been going to daycare since babies. This is totally different since I stay at home and things aren't so structured

I have been doing worksheets and flashcards with her for a few months now. I want to start catching her up and hopefully have her ahead of the class by fall. What is the best way to get her on the right track and not make me go crazy?

by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Replies (31-36):
P.V.Hawkwind
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM
I guess they are the only kids that I can compare her too. I don't really har friends not does she. Everyone around here works or I they dont work they are horrible moms. I have been for years trying to make friends that are stay at home moms but I can't. And I never been the type to one up someone but all my friends are lol it's annoying. Any ideas as to make friends? I have been going to story time and other kid related day activities for years and They don't even speak to me. :/

Quoting hottmommi42:

Ok, I promise this comes from the heart of a mom who has said those words so many times.... So I have to ask.... Why does it matter what your friends kids are doing so much? I see (please please forgive me if I am reading too much into this) in many of your replies how much you rely upon other mothers opinions and friendships to guide you. While this is awesome, its can also wreck havoc on your self esteem and your daughters. Do you have anyone that you can talk with that can be your mommyhood mentor? Someone that has your and your dd best intrest, not pushing her into anything just to be like or better than anyone else.

My ds is extremely brilliant, his iq is ridiculous for his age, and he had a hard time because he was bored. I got the 'its ok, his peers will catch up' speech all the time. My dd, she's verbally ahead, but she has a hard time with fine motor stuff. Hoe ever the kid has some serious body coordination in athletics. Same house, same parents, two totally different kids.

I hope you can see the concern I have, and not just me medling. Enjoy her being 3, it doesn't last long. Get down and color with her, make playdoh fda party treats, blow bubbles. She will be 5 and a know it all when you blink.

Loosen up, have fun, and catch her when she falls. And, don't let the mom bullies tell you how to think. They really don't k.ow as much as they say they do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wulfbourne
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 12:16 PM

http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/category/writing-activities/page/2

The top entry on that page is highly applicable for what you're looking for, but the whole blog has a TON of activities you can do with your child when you're ready.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

I think we have all faced this in the past. Persistence is the key, and striking up convos at playtimes. Honestly I can almost guarantee they are sitting there pining for friendship as well. Everyone gets scared and shy. My 2 friends I got through my kids connecting with theirs. When setting up play dates we moms would talk.
Lisa009
by Member on Feb. 28, 2012 at 4:01 AM

Quoting rsrangel:

and the "learn at home" kindergarten book

What is this book, I am interested??

"Children are a gift from God."

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 28, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Quoting Lisa009:

It's a workbook series.
rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Quoting Lisa009:

Quoting rsrangel:

and the "learn at home" kindergarten book

What is this book, I am interested??

Its a complete curriculum for the year with printables, daily activities, games, field trip ideas and everything nicely laid out.  I like it because I don't have time or patience to put my own together and everything is written out for you in that book.  I don't use it everyday and some activities I've skipped or modified.  Type the name into Amazon and it will come up with the ability to preview some of the inside. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)