Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Need some advice

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:03 AM
  • 6 Replies

My ds loves everything medical, whether we're in the ER, dr office, physical therapy it doesn't matter he will sit there and ask an unlimited number of questions because he is just fascinated with it. With everything thats been going on as of late, I was thinking about incorporating a medical study into our regular schooling in place of geography for a while. For the past year any diagnosis I got we have researched it. For example last summer when I had my heart attack, he kept asking me a ton of questions so I got a cardiology book from the library and we studied the heart, what its job description is, how it works, and we touched base on meds that can help heart conditions. We also did some science experiences that show how hearts pump blood and what not. He really really enjoyed it. Well yesterday the dr office called and my kidney function levels are low. I was looking online and I cant find a book  specifically on kidneys, and since we dont know why my kidneys are only at 70 and 73% yet I cant go get a book about the specific cause.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to study human kidneys without having a book thats specifically about them?  

by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I would look up videos on youtube. I'm sure the different national kidney foundations would have kid sections on their websites.

pepsi_lover_mom
by Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 1:30 PM

The disection is a great idea! I never even thought about being able to buy kidneys. Thank you for all the resources, this is a great start!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN