Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Just brought my baby can read for my daughter

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 2:38 AM
  • 17 Replies

Any reviews???

by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 2:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moma3boyz
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't get to use this with my kids, but we do use it at the daycare I work at for our babies thru preschoolers. They love it and they are picking up on a lot of the words. It also has enough singing and dance times to keep them watching and interested. They even ask to watch "babies" when its movie time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christine0813
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

It's just memorizing. Children need to learn phonics in order to read properly.

Moma3boyz
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree, but it does catch their interest and there is books that go with it. I don't think it should be used as the only reading program just as an intro or to supplement. Something fun.

Quoting Christine0813:

It's just memorizing. Children need to learn phonics in order to read properly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MedicMommy2
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM
2 moms liked this

All they teach is memorization.....that in no way teaches reading. If you just want to make your kids memorize then make flash cards, there is no point in spending that amount of money for uselessness. Your just going to have to work harder to teach phonics and how they work.

MS.TAI75
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 3:13 AM

i've had to program for about 2 years now.  I have a 3 and 4 year old.  Read everything first before starting the video, cards and slider cards.  That doctor has some really great advice in how to approach this way of learning that does work with consistancy.  I believe in this program completely because simply put this is how I learned as a kid and how my parents learned.  My 4 year old is reading and can identify alot of the words I show him from the cards without pictures.  I home-school so this is an excellent starter kit for those who have no clue what to do first.  

You are 

MS.TAI75
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 3:16 AM

I meant to finish by saying you are doing the best thing for your child.  This program is what you call an official investment in your child's education.

Good luck.  Looking to seeing your replies on your baby's progress.

HadleyAzure
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 3:18 AM

What age range is it for ?  Is it for actually babies ?

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:24 AM
My brother tried it, but wasn't successful with it. My daughter read super early but it was more because we read to her all the time, and just automatically talked about the sounds of letters, etc. I can only pray my second daughter will learn as easily as she.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Knjbooks
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:29 AM
It may be good to learn to memorize words because they will be far ahead of the class when they start to learn the sounds of individual letters. In Pre school children are required to identify 10 letters, not sounds so I think that will be great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting MedicMommy2:

All they teach is memorization.....that in no way teaches reading. If you just want to make your kids memorize then make flash cards, there is no point in spending that amount of money for uselessness. Your just going to have to work harder to teach phonics and how they work.

I agree. I'm not a fan of memorization just to seem like you know something even though you don't UNDERSTAND any of it. If I liked that, then I'd put my kids in public school!

JUST READ TO YOUR KIDS PEOPLE! Talk to them in real words, not baby talk jibberish.

Both of my kids were readers by age 3, not with memorization, but by understanding the phonics.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)