Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you have your children dress for school? Thank you...EDITED

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM
  • 40 Replies

Even tho you homeschool, do your children get dressed as if going to public school?

I have a couple ladies in my homeschool group whose children don't get dressed. My girls get up at 7 and are ready for school by 8:30 or 9. I like getting them dressed just in case its a beautiful day out. We love being outdoors and if they are already dressed then we go. 

Anyways was just curious.

Thank you all so much. This is our first year homeschooling. I was worried that if I didn't get them up everyday by a certain time or have them dressed and all that, that I could get in trouble with the state. I guess we can relax a lil now. There are some days that I've wanted to just be more relaxed and lounge around. lol.

Thanks again

by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 26, 2012 at 11:26 PM
We go somewhere almost every day, so they change at some point. however they don't usually get dressed until its time to go. Its up to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Yes, they can't come out of their rooms until they are dressed. I feel like it's easy to slip into slothful habits (in our house, at least) if we don't get ready for the day. Plus, then no matter what, we are ready to go.

enslowemily
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 11:48 PM
This is a big disagreement between my husband and I. He thinks we should wake up and get dressed right away. I love being in comfy clothes all day. So, now I have my son get dressed before school, with the outfit we picked out the night before, and I get dressed after my shower mid morning. I put comfy clothes back on around dinner time though : )
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Yes, we get dressed; but we do not get up at a certain time. The later we start, the late we go.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

hottmommi42
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

nope we go naked all day!! JK!! yes, they get dressed right after breakfast. Then outside for at least 20 minutes (not hard to convince them with nice weather, but right now, not such happy campers!) and then we usually have just enough focus for some work. Then, it's off to explore and grap ideas for the next days lessons. 

Christine0813
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Not all the time. Some days we are just lazy and love it!

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 7:46 AM
It depends. Most of the time yes, but there are those days that we just stay in our pj's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wanderingwolf
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Well considering how we'll either be grocery shopping once a month or I'll be getting them from babysitter they'll have to be dressed.  Also I plan on taking them to the park or musuem or something of that sort for leisure/educational time outside of doing my homework and my own schooling.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:20 AM
We get dressed most days unless I'm in a funk. Even then I usually get the kids dressed. I just feel better when I get dressed. We don't have to do it before school, or have it at a certain time, just whenever we are ready to get ready. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Not unless we are leaving the house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)