Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Rick santorum - tell me everything you know please. Links welcome :)

Posted by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 8:37 AM
  • 12 Replies
Oddly enough, after the post regarding Rick, and the negative light, one of my local homeschool friends sent a mass email asking for support of him. I asked her to tell me more about him, as I had heard he isn't a very good man. She said something about people being anti-Rick because of the birth control issue (as he is catholic, therefore anti birth control), and that being why he is being called sexist.

I just want to know more. If there are good reasons for me to pass info on him, I will. I'd hate to think I knew information and didn't pass it along to my friends who were supporters. They are very open minded and are willing to look at all sides. I am NOT into politics, I am NOT asking for a debate in any way. I just like to know more about these things.

Can anyone help?

Regardless, I'm fairly certain on who I am voting for. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 8:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Oy! I am going to stay away from this. LOL Politics is one of those things I never discuss on a forum because it just can't be done without prejudice. I hate presidential election years. You might want to check out the political groups here on CM.

*Oh and everytime I hear the name Santorum, I think of Metallica's song Sanitarium.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 29, 2012 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha! I had to go back and check the spelling because I was spelling sanitarium too!

I'm not asking for opinions, I should clarify that because I REALLY don't want a debate. I'm not into those. :)

Quoting mem82:

Oy! I am going to stay away from this. LOL Politics is one of those things I never discuss on a forum because it just can't be done without prejudice. I hate presidential election years. You might want to check out the political groups here on CM.

*Oh and everytime I here the name Santorum, I think of Metallica's song Sanitarium.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5BMom
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 9:47 AM
I will say do you own research. There is a lot there on him, which is why I am not voting for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 10:42 AM

why arent people voting for him?

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 29, 2012 at 10:58 AM
That is what I'm trying to find out. I'm not because I'm voting Ron Paul. Lol. I just want to know if there are some facts I can share with my friend because people were calling him an evil man the other day and she is rallying for him.

Quoting oredeb:

why arent people voting for him?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I am not voting for him for the same reason I am not voting for Mitt or Newt. They are all flip flopper's! Over the years they have all changed their stance on things based off of what the majority of the voters wanted at the time.

I am voting for Ron Paul even if I have to write his name in myself!

Saraho5
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know much about him
I'm a Ron Paul fan (-:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm voting Ron Paul myself. 
I'm not sure about Rick Santorum. I just don't like the guy because of all the things I've read about him and such.  

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I am voting Ron Paul because he is the ONLY one that stands for complete freedom, liberty and the Constitution.  He has a proven record of never, ever changing his mind for whomever he happens to be talking to (unlike all the others).   Every one of the other guys have been caught flip flopping from one side to the other.  Paul has never, ever done that.  You can look up videos of him over 20 yrs ago and he says exactly the same thing!  That says a lot about the man.  A man of truth and character is what we need.  A man that can't be bought. 

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/homeschooling/

http://www.covenantnews.com/ronpaul070727.htm

this guy is the real deal and believes that the parents can give the best education. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)