Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How much??

Posted by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM
  • 12 Replies

How many hours or minutes do you do school with a second grader?

by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Mar. 1, 2012 at 12:32 AM

DD is 3rd grade. She does most of her subjects independantly. i'd say I am with her helping and teaching about 2 hours a day. Today was more than usual as  Ihave been introducing her to go from writing paragraphs to writing essays.

bugayfamilyof4
by Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 10:22 AM

We are doing about 3 in half hours a day. That includes her reading independently. Some days she seems fine with it and other days complains. UGH it is so hard finding a  balance.

oredeb
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 10:51 AM

one or two, depending on what we had goin,

we did math, phonics/reading/spelling, handwriting, nature science, unitstudy (which includes history, science, bible, art, music)

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:22 AM

As long as they want to do it!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 1, 2012 at 12:06 PM
About 2 hours of book work, but everything in the rest of life is a learning experience!
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Mar. 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM
We are first grade ans average 2 hours on structured learning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 3:48 PM

2 or 3 hours. It is really hard to find a balance.

mslamom2
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Quoting bugayfamilyof4:

We are doing about 3 in half hours a day. That includes her reading independently. Some days she seems fine with it and other days complains. UGH it is so hard finding a  balance.

She complains about 3 and half hours and that counts her independent reading? It doesn't seem like all that much to me. All of the other posts say only two hours which really surprises me. What I figure out in our state, Montana, if you homeschool a first to 3rd grader you are required to do 4 hours a day of actually schooling. Unless you are teaching through the summer. 

bugayfamilyof4
by Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Quoting mslamom2:

Quoting bugayfamilyof4:

She complains about 3 and half hours and that counts her independent reading? It doesn't seem like all that much to me. All of the other posts say only two hours which really surprises me. What I figure out in our state, Montana, if you homeschool a first to 3rd grader you are required to do 4 hours a day of actually schooling. Unless you are teaching through the summer. 

How many hours do you do school? What curriculm do you use?

We do school year around. We go 3 months straight and then take 2 weeks off.  The state where I live doesn't track our hours.

Gumberly
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Around 3 hours for my first grader. We school year round.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN