Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

BJU english?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 4:24 PM
  • 5 Replies
Has anyone used this? I'm considering this for dd. She has done cle but we are looking for something with a little more interaction. We did abeka this year which bored her after a while with all the same types of problems.She would be doing bju 5 since she has done abeka 4 la.I'm still deciding between bju and cle.
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
calimom1123
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Bump ...anyone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I don't know much about it, but probably a good call ditching the abeka- it always bored me too when my mom used that.  :)

calimom1123
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Lol well that gives me another reason to do bju instead.. Anyone else use or know how good it is??

Quoting gacgbaker:

I don't know much about it, but probably a good call ditching the abeka- it always bored me too when my mom used that.  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swim-mom72
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:16 PM

My kids have not used it for the lower grades. My 6th grader started uses their Spelling this year with amazing results. We are both so glad we found something that works. My oldest started using BJU for this year as well. I call him 9th grade, but he does 10/11 grade work, so he used BJU's 10 grade Grammar & Writing and LOVES it. He asked to use it again.

Now, it is designed to be used in a classroom setting, therefor, you need the teacher's manual. I would say the teacher's manual was just as important as the student book IMO.

But, if CLE is getting the job done, I would stick with it and just add in good literature, lit. guides, and those kinds of suppliments.

wowguildmomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I have the bju for science and history for my 1st grader and he loves it. I will agree the home teacher manuals are very important cause they have a portion of the reproducibles and insturctions for the student notebook pages sometimes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)