Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 4:50 PM
  • 7 Replies

My daughter is having horrible problems in public school..... I want to let her finish the rest of the year and then start home schooling. Problem is I dont even know where to start.... Ive never done this and have no clue what I'm doing .... I need advice on how to get started, what to get, etc....

Thanks in advance,

Ashlee =)

by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 1, 2012 at 7:21 PM
First google homeschooling laws in(your state) many suggest the HSLDA website forthe laws, but they have been wrong before. Every state is different - some require you to register with just a letter to the superintendent stating your intent to he, others require you to get the BoE approval of your curriculum, and still others require nothing at all. Curriculum is a big decision, but again can be limited by the state you are in.
oredeb
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 8:57 PM

look up your hs law here  http://www.homeschoollegaladvantage.com/resources/homeschool-laws-by-state

then start reading here and asking us more questions!  http://www.homeschooldiner.com/guide/intro/galaxy.html

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I agree with the others!

We where all once where you are now trying to decide what to do for our kids! You can do this don't let anyone tell you different!

vsjc
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:32 PM
You don't have to wait until the school year is over. Get all your ducks in a row like the other ladies said, and bring her home. By this time next year she will be ahead. Family life will be too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vsjc
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:33 PM
What state are you in?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romacox
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Good advice given by others.  Knowing your State Laws is the first step.  Your State Home School Association  provides you resources to walk you through each step.  There are other things to know after that ( methods used by home educators and their resources, testing resources required by some states, grade level requirements,  your child's learning style).  The following article provides that information and more:

How To Home School

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Quoting vsjc:

You don't have to wait until the school year is over. Get all your ducks in a row like the other ladies said, and bring her home. By this time next year she will be ahead. Family life will be too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)