Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone have children with ADD /ADHD or anything similar?

Posted by   + Show Post

What are some symptoms , things you notice about your child at home ? I am also going to google it. I am somewhat thinking my 5yo may have something going on . I have had people ask me about everything from "is she autistic" to "does she have ADD" . It is very hard for me to describe her actions and personality. I am really not sure if it is just her personality or if there is something going on . Also do you medicate or do you control symptoms other ways ?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Replies (21-22):
Xakana
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Both my husband and I have ADHD, as does our oldest. I wrote a blog post on the topic here, on a different way of looking at it. There are links to other sites as well.

BTW, a fast test is to give her a cup of coffee and see if she gets calm or overexcited. If it's calm, ADHD. If not, she probably has a different issue.

19renee62
by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 5:42 PM

My child had all the Symptoms for ADD, The Dr. wanted to put her on meds from the time she was 5 but I would have nothing to do with Medication for it.  The older she got the more trouble she had by the time she was in the 5th grade every day was bad, she was an emotionsl wreck...by the 6th grade it was total hell. 7th grade we changed schools and started meds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN