Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Have you started getting your curriculum for next year?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:24 PM
  • 20 Replies
Do you start early or wait until summer to start planning for next year?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
We have started planning out what we want to use, but I'm waiting until the homeschool convention to finalize my plan, and start looking for deals. Handwriting without tears I've found cheapest through the convention, and they ship free. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Collecting HS paraphernalia is kinda a constant obsession..I'm entering a 12 step program to break the addiction of snatching up pieces wherever I happen to find them. LOL I could probably educate my 2 elementary schoolers through to college on what we have already, but what's the fun in that? So I pick up odds & ends wherever I can then plan out our actual curriculum in August of each year.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I start thinking about it, this time of year and then I focus in summer and really try to get some plans laid out. Even as relaxed as we are, we still do better with some direction thought out.

5BMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:47 PM
I haven't... Because I cannot, for the life of me, decide on Sonlight or Moving Beyond The Page, and going ecletic for the 3Rs OR using Christian Liberty Press across the boards.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki0522
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:42 PM

We already have everything we need for next year.

carolkey74
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM
We start our next school year in the morning. We school year round, six weeks on, two weeks off. I usually buy curriculum throughout the year, bit by bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting carolkey74:

We start our next school year in the morning. We school year round, six weeks on, two weeks off. I usually buy curriculum throughout the year, bit by bit.

We are year-rounders as well!
wowguildmomma
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I have been following the sales. I got all of our saxon math last month when mardels had them at 40% off. and this month I got the phonics

romacox
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:43 AM

If you are going to your State's Convention, I recommend waiting until then.  One can usually purchase it at a discount, and there are used items available there as well.

Florida Parent Educators Association In Florida

Other States have there's as well:  Find Your State's Home School Convention

bether89
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM

We have bought a few things already.  We are changing our curriculum completely from what we used this year and have been researching what to use next year. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)