Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Have you started getting your curriculum for next year?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you start early or wait until summer to start planning for next year?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM

We don't plan ahead.  I research things as we need them.  Their interests are constantly changing.  I have planning for ahead to be a waste of time.  We seldom ended following our plan.  When I see something I like I snatch it up.  I guess you could say I pretty much plan each year.  The only thing I plan ahead for is their co-op classes for next year.  

Aleshad01
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Yes, I have almost everything I need for next year.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Yeah, an obsession is definitely a good word for it here too ;)

I got my second grade math before we started first grade. Who can pass up Saxon for $5 at a used curric sale?? We still need the workbook, but we have the tm.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Collecting HS paraphernalia is kinda a constant obsession..I'm entering a 12 step program to break the addiction of snatching up pieces wherever I happen to find them. LOL I could probably educate my 2 elementary schoolers through to college on what we have already, but what's the fun in that? So I pick up odds & ends wherever I can then plan out our actual curriculum in August of each year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:33 AM

LOL...I've had most of next years curriculum for 2 years. I have the year after that, as well.

That being said, I did just order Biology II from Noeo and Apologia's Zoology II.

oredeb
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 4:58 PM

no i have what i need

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:14 PM
After (how many years?) of homeschooling, you probably know what you are comfortable with by now :)
Quoting oredeb:

no i have what i need

Vicky1975
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:19 PM

We don't go by the school year. We are also in different grades in different subjects. My son enjoys Math, so He's ahead in that subject. I already bought everything we need because it was on sale. Whenever we finish one subject we might do a quick review and then start the next grade.

We use Horizons for the most part.

aroling
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Ive started doing some research so I have an idea of what I want to use before I go to our hs conference next month, hs conference seem to have the best deals and you get to look at the curriculum/materials before you buy them. Last year I saved 20% and free shipping, saved about $95. Which more than paid for the registertion fee :). Plus I learned a lot and had two days for me ;)
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:44 AM
I agree! Although I did get some great deals at a used curric sale. I definitely recommend those if you have one near you. It takes some searching, and I'd recommend going early before its all picked over, but it's worth it!!

Quoting aroling:

Ive started doing some research so I have an idea of what I want to use before I go to our hs conference next month, hs conference seem to have the best deals and you get to look at the curriculum/materials before you buy them. Last year I saved 20% and free shipping, saved about $95. Which more than paid for the registertion fee :). Plus I learned a lot and had two days for me ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Adding - we loved our trip to the convention last year. The speakers were awesome, we learned so much also! It was our "deciding to homeschool" trip, so this year will be even more fun!

Quoting Boobah:

I agree! Although I did get some great deals at a used curric sale. I definitely recommend those if you have one near you. It takes some searching, and I'd recommend going early before its all picked over, but it's worth it!!

Quoting aroling:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN