Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Suggestions on Kindergarten curriculum

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:27 PM
  • 5 Replies

Any suggestions on free Kindergarten curriculum? Or low cost?

by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM

We used

www.starfall.com

www.enchantedlearning.com

You don't really need a curriculum really for Kindergarten. Just read to them, teach them their letters (upper & lower), numbers and how to write their name. Everything else will come naturally as they get older.

We didn't start a full curriculum until they were 1st grade level.

MamaHome
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I get alot of mine through worksheets online. We kind of mix and match.

romacox
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:11 PM

It all depends on your state laws.  But I create my own curriculum which is mostly free. What little curriculum I do use, I prefer that which is created by home school families because home school is not the class room.

• At this link you will find curriculum that I have produced (much of it free) Educational Resources
  • At the following link you can learn about your State laws, various home school methods, resources (links where you can check out prices),  grade level requirements, testing resources (some states require this), and more: How To Home School

oredeb
by debbie on Mar. 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM

my suggestion would be to not use any, just have fun! play, teach your child some songs, poems, verses,

teach the child math with manipulatives, using rocks, bugs, pennies, marbles, cany, hands on learning

teach phonics only IF the child is ready, by sounding out letters and then using index cards to bring sounds together, make your own little readers, letting child do the art work etc

teach science/ nature study by growing a garden, hiking and drawing or taking picturres, talking about what they see, collecting bugs, leaves, a pet, etc

history- tell the child about his family, make a scrap book with child

read to the child , stories, poems, verses, etc

teach handwriting by get some large large paper and let him/her paint on it, draw, color, scribble, etc

5BMom
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 5:36 PM
DS is doing K right now and our expenses for the year are around $120. I lookef at printing a ton of stuff online and figured ink costs and paper would hit at least $70.

We do
Explode the Code 1 & 2
BOB Books
Starfall
Christian Liberty Math K
D'Nealian K (handwriting)
Nature Study
Ambleside Year 0 Booklist
My First French Book
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)