Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Corrected!!!:Are you or have you taught evolution and creation, and ancient aliens in your school?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:01 PM
  • 59 Replies
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Knightquester
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:06 PM

For school I have taught them both and one is commonly believed by one by the science community and one by the religious one.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe in Evolution through Creation so I teach both.

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I provide the information for both & let them decide what they think is right to believe. 

Kerseygeek
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Haven't gone into it outright yet but will. Evolution will be taught as science & creation will be taught as a belief system that is held by some but has no scientific evidence. They will not be taught together under the science subject unless they ask & want to discuss.
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 6, 2012 at 10:30 PM
I've taught the concept of both, but i'm a subscriber of evolution. So i teach creationism more as a theory that some people believe, and why they believe it.
4quivers
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM

You forgot the Ancient Alien theory! 

What?  With millions of other stars you can't say it's impossible that ancient aliens came here and did who knows what!  hehehehe

I teach all theories.  If they can prove it's wrong, then good for them.  Micro Evolution is a fact.  Macro Evolution is a theory. 

"Bless me, I couldn't get on at all without my flock of dear, noisy, naughty, harum-scarum little lads!!

Louisa May Alcott in "Little Men"

Kerseygeek
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:38 PM
2 moms liked this
There is no difference between micro & macro evolution but the amount of time you've been studying an organism. In fact they aren't even scientific terms. They are terms made up by creationists to say that some evolution is possible & some is not.
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

We teach Creation as a theory that we disagree with - we also teach *why*.

We teach Theistic Evolution as our belief. We teach that there is no reason science and faith have to work against eachother.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

borgen0128
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 10:38 AM
I know, right? I will leave that to my husband, because he is obessed with all things ancient alien.

Quoting 4quivers:

You forgot the Ancient Alien theory! 

What?  With millions of other stars you can't say it's impossible that ancient aliens came here and did who knows what!  hehehehe

I teach all theories.  If they can prove it's wrong, then good for them.  Micro Evolution is a fact.  Macro Evolution is a theory. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeddiChi
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM
We teach Creation because that's what we believe. I run through evolution, but show them dvd's why it is we don't believe in it. (Edit, yes, we do believe in Micro evolution though, that can be proven, but we don't do macro evolution.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN