Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oak Meadow

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM
  • 2 Replies
I really really want to use Oak Meadow for my kids. It is my #1 choice and I keep coming back to it. My issue is placement.

DS will be 5 in the fall. He would do perfectly in the 1st grade program, although he is already ahead in the LA. No biggie. But I worry about placing him a year ahead, even though he is ahead of most of his peers.

Also, DD will be 4 in the Fall. She would be perfect for the LA in 1st and I am 90% sure she could keep up elsewhere.

Thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:09 PM

hmm, Can you do a test run of the curriculum? Try it out and id it doesn't work send it back. Also, I try to keep in mind that grade levels aren't races and it's okay if it's a little easy as long as it isn't boring. They have high school and college to think HARD on their work. At 5 and 4, let them cruise a little and enjoy the ride.

5BMom
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:35 PM
My problem with the K is that the bulk is LA and its things to teach letter recognition and both my kids are reading. They are also well above the math... Leaving not much left.

Quoting mem82:

hmm, Can you do a test run of the curriculum? Try it out and id it doesn't work send it back. Also, I try to keep in mind that grade levels aren't races and it's okay if it's a little easy as long as it isn't boring. They have high school and college to think HARD on their work. At 5 and 4, let them cruise a little and enjoy the ride.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)