Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Ron Paul supports homeschoolers- will you support him?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 7:17 AM
  • 49 Replies

The article doesn't give much information on his views other then he believes that people who think homeschool students don't receive an adequate education are wrong, but just curious what you all thought about him?  Why do you think so many candidates seem to be going after the homeschool vote?

Ron Paul cites conversation with Tim Tebow in discussion over homeschooling

Ron Paul discussed a conversation he had with Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow while discussing homeschooling at a campaign event Monday night.

At a town hall discussion at the Civic Auditorium of Idaho Falls, Idaho, Paul spoke on his pro-homeschooling views, saying arguments that homeschooled children receive inadequate education have been disproven.

He then mentioned his conversation with Tebow, in reference to an argument that homeschooled kids don't get the chance to participate in sports.

"You know I was talking to a football player the other day and I think he's rather famous now," he said. "I think it’s Tim Tebow, something like that, and of course, of course most people know he was homeschooled and he's doing pretty well for himself."

The Paul campaign told Fox News Tebow's manager, who is a Paul supporter, arranged a friendly phone call between the Republican candidate and the NFL star.

On the eve of Idaho's caucus as part of the 'Super Tuesday' contests, Paul said he enthusiastically believed his campaign 'had to do well tomorrow' in Idaho based on the event's turnout.

"We expect to do very, very well," he said. "I don't make bold predictions but there's no reason in the world we cannot win this state, so I suspect we are going to do exceptionally well and I thank you, thank so much for all your hard efforts."

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2012/03/06/ron-paul-cites-conversation-tim-tebow-discussion-over-homeschooling#ixzz1oL2Ca0Tz
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 7:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 6, 2012 at 8:04 AM
3 moms liked this
Nope. Dems support HS as well. I'm a flaming liberal.
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 8:15 AM

I'm conservative but politically Libertarian... which Ron Paul really.

However, his foreign policy views scare the beejeez out me.

I'm voting Republican since there are no valid Libertarians running.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

Sweet_Britt
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband loves Ron Paul, but mainly because he hates the other canidates other then Pres Obama.

I plan to vote for Pres Obama.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Mar. 6, 2012 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this
We do support Ron Paul, but not just because he is a home school supporter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanya_marieh
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I am a liberal as well but I have NO idea who to vote for.  I'm hoping there will be a write in movement with someone that would be a decent person.  

5BMom
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 10:32 AM
I am Central Idaho Coordinator for the Newt Gingrich Campain, so I would have to say NO!!! But even if I weren't, you could not pay me enough to vote for Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Im voting for him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm jaded because I think the reason candidates try to court homeschoolers is that we have the time to campaign/volunteer for them. We also tend to be very enthusiastic about our pursuits. Not many other people have the time or ability to be so focused. I prefer candidates stay focused on the bigger issues and not even bring us homeschoolers into the equation.

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Us too!

Quoting Boobah:

We do support Ron Paul, but not just because he is a home school supporter.

christi34
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM
I really don't like any of the candidates.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN