Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Ron Paul supports homeschoolers- will you support him?

Posted by   + Show Post

The article doesn't give much information on his views other then he believes that people who think homeschool students don't receive an adequate education are wrong, but just curious what you all thought about him?  Why do you think so many candidates seem to be going after the homeschool vote?

Ron Paul cites conversation with Tim Tebow in discussion over homeschooling

Ron Paul discussed a conversation he had with Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow while discussing homeschooling at a campaign event Monday night.

At a town hall discussion at the Civic Auditorium of Idaho Falls, Idaho, Paul spoke on his pro-homeschooling views, saying arguments that homeschooled children receive inadequate education have been disproven.

He then mentioned his conversation with Tebow, in reference to an argument that homeschooled kids don't get the chance to participate in sports.

"You know I was talking to a football player the other day and I think he's rather famous now," he said. "I think it’s Tim Tebow, something like that, and of course, of course most people know he was homeschooled and he's doing pretty well for himself."

The Paul campaign told Fox News Tebow's manager, who is a Paul supporter, arranged a friendly phone call between the Republican candidate and the NFL star.

On the eve of Idaho's caucus as part of the 'Super Tuesday' contests, Paul said he enthusiastically believed his campaign 'had to do well tomorrow' in Idaho based on the event's turnout.

"We expect to do very, very well," he said. "I don't make bold predictions but there's no reason in the world we cannot win this state, so I suspect we are going to do exceptionally well and I thank you, thank so much for all your hard efforts."

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2012/03/06/ron-paul-cites-conversation-tim-tebow-discussion-over-homeschooling#ixzz1oL2Ca0Tz
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 7:17 AM
Replies (41-49):
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 7, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Would you mind sharing where you got your information?

Quoting from his campaign site ronpaul2012.com * Immediately saving lives by effectively repealing Roe v. Wade and preventing activist judges from interfering with state decisions on life by removing abortion from federal court jurisdiction through legislation modeled after his “We the People Act.”

He is saying it isn't the place of the Federal government to make that decision. Each state has its own laws & rules in place he wants to let each state make those kinds of decisions with out the Feds input!

I know nothing about him saying anything against equal pay for equal work so pleas educate me & share where you go that information!

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

Sorry, I should have specified, he doesn't support women's rights

He is against a woman's right to choose abortion and against making equal pay for equal work thus allowing gender bias in the work place

Quoting usmom3:

How dose he not support women he was an OBGYN for 30 years?

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

No, because he doesn't support women

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:02 PM

No, and I don't see a reason to justify myself especially after seeing how most that has said "no" and respectfully given a reason has been quoted and had to defend their reasoning.  This isn't a political or debate group and I won't change my vote.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

He may homeschool but his voting record tells you what he is really about.  He doesn't support the constitution.  

Quoting aroling:

Rick Santorum hs, FYI.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:49 PM

He's got my vote officially as of yesterday.  He is the only candidate that supports the constitution.  

bmw29
by Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM
I hate jury duty and I get called all the dang time. I just have to send in a letter saying that we homeschool and one from dh's work saying they won't pay him to stay home. I'm instantly excused.

Quoting wanderingwolf:

I don't vote because I don't want to be called for jury duty and politics don't interest me.  Never has interested me.  Besides they all nothing but liars anyway and don't care about the good of the people or the good of the country.  They'll say anything to get your vote and then they don't do anything they promise.  Well Obama got our troops out of Iraq but not much else.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM

I am not trying to debate! I am trying to learn why others feel the way they feel & understand where they are coming from. If I know that the information they are going on might be wrong & that they are poorly informed, I am going to share the real information that I know.

I thought that we all would like to know truth & not lies! Don't you want to know that the information you are using to make such an important decision on is true & accurate? If you can show me valid information against Ron Paul & convince me that some one else is better I would love it! I want to know all the truth so I can make a good choice! Don't you?

Quoting Knightquester:

No, and I don't see a reason to justify myself especially after seeing how most that has said "no" and respectfully given a reason has been quoted and had to defend their reasoning.  This isn't a political or debate group and I won't change my vote.

wowguildmomma
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly I am thinking about not voting this year cause honestly no matter what monkey they throw up there as a figurehead there will be no progress. the power of a president is limited on how much they can actually do and usually congress and the senate make sure that for every one step forward we get that they can throw in something to ensure we take 100 steps back. There isn't any hope for our goverment. it is a danged if you do and danged if you don't situation.

EvilQueenMommy
by Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 9:51 AM

In his own words, Freedom under seige: on civil rights, there are no page numbers, but it is in the first chapter, under individual rights 

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting from his campaign site ronpaul2012.com * Immediately saving lives by effectively repealing Roe v. Wade and preventing activist judges from interfering with state decisions on life by removing abortion from federal court jurisdiction through legislation modeled after his “We the People Act.”

He is saying it isn't the place of the Federal government to make that decision. Each state has its own laws & rules in place he wants to let each state make those kinds of decisions with out the Feds input!

I know nothing about him saying anything against equal pay for equal work so pleas educate me & share where you go that information!

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

He is against a woman's right to choose abortion and against making equal pay for equal work thus allowing gender bias in the work place

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Thank you I will read it later when I have the time to!

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

In his own words,Freedom under seige: on civil rights, there are no page numbers, but it is in the first chapter, under individual rights 

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)