Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Where is the most unusual....

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM
  • 11 Replies
Place you have homeschooled recently?

I have a pic to postwhen I get home but my DS1s eye Dr. Is in the mall. So while we waited for him we were in the big cushy chairs in the middle of the mall doing our Easy Grammar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Hm, I am not very adventurous. LOL

MedicMommy2
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 11:50 PM

We have done it at restraunts, in the car while driving, on camping trips, while in inflatable rafts in the pool. Wherever the mood strikes.

gacgbaker
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 4:58 AM

This is one thing that really makes me want to homeschool (one of the many reasons)-- you can do it anywhere and every place can be full of learning opportunities.  

wowguildmomma
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 12:11 PM

we go once a week to our favorite Chinese buffet so that the kids can have their foreign language immersion class. The owner family has known me my whole life and are helping DS1 and DD learn Mandarin. They love it.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Mar. 8, 2012 at 12:15 PM
What a great idea!....

Hmmmm...I need to make friends at the Mexican restaurant!

Quoting wowguildmomma:

we go once a week to our favorite Chinese buffet so that the kids can have their foreign language immersion class. The owner family has known me my whole life and are helping DS1 and DD learn Mandarin. They love it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wowguildmomma
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM

yea for whatever reason my oldest autistic DS has a easier time communicating in languages that arn't english. and as long as he can tell us what he needs I coudn't care what language I am having to learn.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

What a great idea!....

Hmmmm...I need to make friends at the Mexican restaurant!

Quoting wowguildmomma:

BusCaptainMama
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 12:19 PM
3 moms liked this
I was soaking in the tub when my daughter wanted to work on her language arts workbook LOL. She pulled a chair up to the tub - Hahaha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 12:31 PM
3 moms liked this

You actually "school" everywhere you are and whatever you are doing.  You just watch for teachable moments :)

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I haven't done anything recently except the car.  We've schooled at the mall, in stores that have a seating area like grocery stores, near the fountains which is a place near us that is basically a promenade to a shopping area, at parks, museums and this wildlife reserve that is near my husbands work.

Mostly we school at home, but I have a bag I fill up with school stuff when we plan a day out somewhere, and another bag I put water and food in for our outing.  I do enjoy the freedom homeschool offers :-)

oredeb
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM

hahahhaa so neat!!! homeschooling is portable!!

the most unusual for us was at mt saint helens, a volcano in washington, we did our science while up there, measuring, taking samples, etc we even did a bit of english also while eating our lunch

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)