Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Thought this was cute- what would you add to it?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 4:55 AM
  • 6 Replies

If You Give a Homeschooling Mom a Sharpie...

Our homeschool support group forum admin recently started a fun thread on the support group’s website forum. I had so much fun playing along that I had to post my contribution here. Feel free to add yours in the comment below.

Finish this sentence:

If you give a homeschooling mom a Sharpie™…

…she’ll probably want some labels to go with it. When she’s finished labeling all of her bins of school supplies, she’ll want to put them all away neatly.

While she’s re-organizing the school room, she’ll find lots of old curriculum to sell on the PPEA classified forum.

While she’s posting her ads, she’ll see a cool field trip on the calendar, which she’ll have to research in order to create a mini unit study before attending the field trip.

During her research, she’ll find some cool pictures to pin to her field trip Pinterest pinboard and to share on Facebook with all her homeschooling friends.

At some point, she’ll look at the clock and realize that the day is almost over, nobody did any school, old curriculum is scattered all over the table, and a timely dinner is an impossible dream.

In desperation, she’ll call out for pizza delivery, play the mad dash book stash game, throw a few worksheets at her dear children, and spend too much time berating herself over a lost day.

When the pizza comes, she’ll need to sign the credit card receipt. When she reaches for a pen, she’ll accidentally grab the Sharpie instead. When she sees the Sharpie, she’ll remember all of the things that need labeling in the kitchen.

Please, don’t ever give a homeschooling mom a Sharpie.

Can you tell, I love If You Give a Mouse a Cookie? By the way, this homeschooling mom uses a Sharpie to label canning jars and fix rabbit ear tattoos.

by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 4:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Mar. 8, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Cute! Sharpies are addicting...I don't go anywhere without one! You never know what needs labeling!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Cute! Sharpies are addicting...I don't go anywhere without one! You never know what needs labeling!

Exactly! lol!

Have you seen those sharpies that are small enough to go on a key chain?

oredeb
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

hahah cute story!! i use a sharpie allll the time, ive got at least 100 all around the houses ! the do work good on black shirts hiding the bleach marks!hahaha

katzmeow726
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM

She'll go in to the kitchen to start labeling things, and remember she has to bake cookies for the sunday afternoon service at church.

wowguildmomma
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I love this!

Moma3boyz
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 9:45 PM
That story sounds all too familiar. Lol. Thanks for sharing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)