Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschooling schedule?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM
  • 3 Replies

What does your schedule look like when homeschooling?  When and how long do you spend on your homeschooling, then how do you make sure your other children, husband and home gets the attention they need as well. 

I have a almost 6 y.o. we will be HSing in April. (she goes to PS until we move and not sure if she will be going to the Private Christian School or HSing next year)  I also have a 4 and 2(3 in may) year old at home with me.

by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Our schedule is ever evolving, honestly. The kids do a clean up before we begin, in the afternoon and also in the evening and that keeps the house okay when I can't get to it.

oredeb
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

my schedule starts at 9 and ends at 12 or 1 but thats for 5 kids 10-14

when the kids were younger it would only take about 2 hours to get done with my oldest at the most.

during that time we do math, lang arts, nature study, unit study(which includes all the subjects except math) my younger kids just hung out with us, learning, sometimes causing problems!hahah but hey their only young once! but i'd have special toys or things for them to do while i taught the older kids, you can also work around the younger kids, when they nap do the important learning stuff,

as for cleaning, i taught them young how to pick up atfter themselves, (took them time to learn but they did learn and i had to do the stuff ) i made sure the house was reasonably picked up at night before bed(5 minute plan!) and in the mornings before the kids are up or breakfast i'd do a bit of cleaning, i guess it just depends on how clean you like your home!

carolkey74
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 2:21 PM
I'm currently in a masters program, so we've had to completely change our schedule. We school on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. I have a 10th grader and a 6th grader. It takes us about 4 hours, and that frees up Wednesday's and Friday's for my homework time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)