Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What do you moms do when you are sick or not feeling well?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM
  • 17 Replies

I'm doing virtual school with my 6yr old dd, the last few days my anxiety disorder has been really bad. I have panic attacks & it's very hard to teach, what do y'all do when you are under the weather?

by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Depending on how bad I feel depends on what happens. If I'm down and out and just can't function I'll put in educational videos and let her have a free day. If I can function a little bit I'll give her some school work that I know she can do on her own. 

oredeb
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM

if im sick,  they still have to do their math and lang. arts, but the other subjects we can skip, they play games or read

Miriam4433
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM
bump

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Mar. 12, 2012 at 1:13 PM

The kids have assignment sheets and do the majority of their work independently amd come to me for questions.

However, DS2 and DD do science, grammar and All About Spelling together. If I'm ok enough we plow through those, then I pass out. If I'm REALLY sick, we skip it. It's nothing they can't live without a day or two but I prefer NOT to skip to eep them in their routine.

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

When I am sick we just don't do as much!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 3:03 PM

If I can't function, then we skip a day or so. It's the beauty of homeschool. I try to keep educational, fun things around to do, though.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM

My son has a weekly planner and he writes his assignments on it at the beginning of the week.  He would do whatever we had on the planner if he could do it independently.  We would catch up on the other things later.

boomom1973
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I am grateful because I have a 13 year daughter that can help my younger boys if I am not feeling well and she is great about doing what she can and catching up the next day. I am also blessed that my husband is able to work from home if needed. He is great about helping. I just have to make sure I am prepared in advanced.

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 8:59 AM

DVDs, puzzles, cornstarch clay, magnetized paper dolls on the freezer, crayons, whatever it takes to engage him. We're only doing preschool, but I wasn't rigid with how and what was learned with my oldest, either. Kids are curious creatures. Give them opportunities and they will learn with just a few nudges along the way.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Y 10yo daughter is a huge help, too.

Quoting boomom1973:

I am grateful because I have a 13 year daughter that can help my younger boys if I am not feeling well and she is great about doing what she can and catching up the next day. I am also blessed that my husband is able to work from home if needed. He is great about helping. I just have to make sure I am prepared in advanced.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)