Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Last night DS went to stay with his dad because I had spiked a 104 and was having terrible flank pain. After fighting with the Dr he finally gave up and let me AMA. My dad picks me up, and we go and pick ds up. On the way home ds randomly starts talking about how I'm always sick and i need to live in a bubble etc.. My dad tells "well thats what happens sometimes when you're old" and ds says "no thats what happens when you're a doctors wet dream"....WHHHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!!!! I ask ds "where in the world did you hear that! Thats not appropriate" and ds says "well my dad said you're a doctors wet dream". My dad was laughing so hard, he looked like he was going to cry, and i was completely flabbergasted. I didnt know whether to laugh, cry, call and yell at his dad.

Looking back now, yes its funny that a 5 year old said that having no idea what a wet dream is, however I'm pissed that his dad would say such a thing in front of him and plan on having a very long talk with him.

by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Replies (11-15):
peanut06
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM

As someone with an autoimmune disorder that mainly presents as fatigue for me (Hashimoto's thyroiditis), I would be extremely offended to have my disease thrown in front of my child like it's all in my head.  I'd consider using this situation in court to force him to resign rights. 

My sil has RA and thankfully her ex is compassionate about it around their 2 teens.  My ex-stepmom has had health problems most of my brother's 20 years (and, YES, she definitely could have helped her situation by taking better care of herself), but our dad is always careful how he speaks about it, even when my brother isn't within ear shot.

pepsi_lover_mom
by Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 12:04 AM

My lawyer and I continue to build evidence against him for when we do go to court. I have already tried to wager with him and let him know he'll get out of paying child support if he'll just sign his rights over (the $147/mo he pays is way over priced according to him, although he makes 3500 a month) and i told him i'd still let him see ds he would just have no legal rights to him. Unfortunetly he wont do it because ds is nothing but a name to him. If he were to sign over rights to ds, I would legally be able to change his last name, and the ex refuses to allow that to happen because at this point ds is the last male to pass on the family name.... my family, myself, and my lawyer know thats the only reason he stays around is because of the last name.

My ex has never had any compassion for any of my ailments. When i was hospitalized with early stage kidney failure back in 3/2010 his dad refused to take him. My son had to stay with my 67 year old father for the entire hospital stay. By the time I was released it was his dad's weekend and he came and picked ds up and acted like nothing happened. I gave him quite the ear full. He is extremely disrespectful and bad mouths me constantly in front of my son. Ds is generally very understanding about my health issues, he understands when mommy has to go to the hospital or why i'm at the dr every week and if i'm having a major flare up or my kidneys start going south he is the first one by my side to hug me, kiss me, hold my hand and tell me it will be ok. Its just when he is around his idiot of a father that he comes home with these ridiculous ideas put into his head. What is sad is even though he is very smart, he is still 5 and he has no idea what the meaning of his words actually are so his innocence over powers his wrong and i just blow up at his dad.

Quoting peanut06:

As someone with an autoimmune disorder that mainly presents as fatigue for me (Hashimoto's thyroiditis), I would be extremely offended to have my disease thrown in front of my child like it's all in my head.  I'd consider using this situation in court to force him to resign rights. 

My sil has RA and thankfully her ex is compassionate about it around their 2 teens.  My ex-stepmom has had health problems most of my brother's 20 years (and, YES, she definitely could have helped her situation by taking better care of herself), but our dad is always careful how he speaks about it, even when my brother isn't within ear shot.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Mar. 16, 2012 at 12:16 AM
(((Pepsi)))...I just want to smack the man....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pepsi_lover_mom
by Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 12:28 AM

TY Jinx... and you are far too nice, I dont even give him credit by calling him a man ;-)

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

(((Pepsi)))...I just want to smack the man....

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM

that was so rude of his dad and kids copy so much

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)