Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's YOUR superpower?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 6:02 AM
  • 13 Replies

10 Superpowers Only Mothers Have

Posted by Jill Smokler on March 12, 2012 

Since becoming a mother, it seems I have acquired a few skills that I didn't before possess. Eyes in the back on my head, for instance. Sure, it seems impossible, but I really am able to know exactly what is happening between my children without witnessing a single thing. And, Momprehension? Yup, I have the ability to perfectly comprehend multiple loud, obnoxious, and competing children speaking at the same exact time. (But only if they belong to me. Those other kids make no sense at all.)

Don't believe moms are really superheroes? Read on for other traits my friends are lucky enough to have ...

1. Toddler Speaker. The ability to decipher nonsensical gibberish. For example: spookocky = spaghetti. -- from Pam

2. Puke Sensor. The ability to wake up instantly from deep REM sleep just to hear the sound of a child starting to puke. -- from Jessica

3. Power Arms. I can carry a full load of groceries and two infants in carriers up three flights of stairs in ONE trip. -- from Sarah

4. Mom Psychic. Knowing what my son wants before he knows himself. -- from Lindsay

5. Kitchen Magician. Taking the four remaining oddball ingredients in the pantry and creating a three-course meal. -- from Karen

6. Poop Detector. I can smell a poopy diaper through two closed doors and across the hall. -- from Erica

7. Lie Detector. Detecting guilt with the first glance and obtaining a confession with the second. -- from Tizzie

8. Diaper Hero. Catching fountain-like diarrhea in my hand while my daughter is laying on the changing table with her diaper off. But only the first time. The second time, that honor belongs to the wall. -- from Tiffini

9. Stomach of Steel. I have the ability not to barf at the sight of blood, vomit, or poop. -- from Christa

10. I'm momnipotent. -- from Pam

What's YOUR superpower?

by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 6:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol..

My superpower?

Cry Differentiator - in a group of 30 children i can recognize my own childs cry And whether its a pain, fear, or frustration cry.
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 13, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I don't think I have one!

SarahsAMommy
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM

You ask my ex and it's super hearing. I can hear and tell you want my son is doing in a different room. Also, poop detector. I know when my son is going to poop. Haven't missed that one many times. Also, some of the ones listed above. I don't consider them super powers. They are mommy powers.

oredeb
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 11:59 AM

cute!!!!hahahahahah

mine is bully detector!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, after four kids I still have a few brain cells left. That's got to be some kind of super power! lol

oredeb
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 12:22 PM

yea good one!!!!

Quoting mem82:

Well, after four kids I still have a few brain cells left. That's got to be some kind of super power! lol

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 12:50 PM

just being mom is a superpower somedays :)

Mahonwife09
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 12:54 PM
I know when something's gonna happen before it happens & I usually know what somebody's gonna say before they say it. :)
lil_mama06
by Debbie on Mar. 13, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I've always known when my girls are gonna get an ear infection...Been wrong twice in all the years I've been a mom..Twice I had the ear infection...lol

oredeb
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 1:57 PM

hahahahaha

Quoting lil_mama06:

I've always known when my girls are gonna get an ear infection...Been wrong twice in all the years I've been a mom..Twice I had the ear infection...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)