Since becoming a mother, it seems I have acquired a few skills that I didn't before possess. Eyes in the back on my head, for instance. Sure, it seems impossible, but I really am able to know exactly what is happening between my children without witnessing a single thing. And, Momprehension? Yup, I have the ability to perfectly comprehend multiple loud, obnoxious, and competing children speaking at the same exact time. (But only if they belong to me. Those other kids make no sense at all.)
Don't believe moms are really superheroes? Read on for other traits my friends are lucky enough to have ...
1. Toddler Speaker. The ability to decipher nonsensical gibberish. For example: spookocky = spaghetti. -- from Pam
2. Puke Sensor. The ability to wake up instantly from deep REM sleep just to hear the sound of a child starting to puke. -- from Jessica
3. Power Arms. I can carry a full load of groceries and two infants in carriers up three flights of stairs in ONE trip. -- from Sarah
4. Mom Psychic. Knowing what my son wants before he knows himself. -- from Lindsay
5. Kitchen Magician. Taking the four remaining oddball ingredients in the pantry and creating a three-course meal. -- from Karen
6. Poop Detector. I can smell a poopy diaper through two closed doors and across the hall. -- from Erica
7. Lie Detector. Detecting guilt with the first glance and obtaining a confession with the second. -- from Tizzie
8. Diaper Hero. Catching fountain-like diarrhea in my hand while my daughter is laying on the changing table with her diaper off. But only the first time. The second time, that honor belongs to the wall. -- from Tiffini
9. Stomach of Steel. I have the ability not to barf at the sight of blood, vomit, or poop. -- from Christa
10. I'm momnipotent. -- from Pam
What's YOUR superpower?