Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

ROFL/Vent... Our Charter school...

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 5:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

You know how I always praise my Charter school... this is one of hte things I love to hate about them....

I choose all my own curriculum and make my own lesson plans. However, by state requirements they must send me an "assignment sheet" for each Learning Period (LP) which is basically a month.

Well our LP ends Friday. I got my assignment sheet  TODAY! LOL

And, they show DD as using "Teaching Textbooks" when she is really using Math U See @@. They show her using Houghton Mifflin reading (EWWWW YUCK!) when we actually use Spectrum Reading Comp. and do our own Unit studies. (RIght now she is learning about horses and reading Black Beauty.)

They show her using Grade 3 Easy gramar... she's doing Grade 5!

They don't even list All About Spelling....

I don't know what would happen if they (the State) actually audited our work because it doesn't match up to their "assignment sheet" at all. Well,DS1's does. He has all the basic curriculum because he prefers it. But the other two... lol... they are all over the place. 

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
oredeb
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 6:45 PM

what! how come they dont have it right? i know you changed and never told them!!!!!hahahaha

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Mar. 13, 2012 at 7:00 PM
I don't know..I order everything from them...so its not like I'm being sneaky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 7:31 PM

lol maybe they got names switched on the sheets?

ladyluke2007
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 7:35 PM

WOW, never had that much trouble but we shall see.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Mar. 13, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Its no trouble really...hence the ROFL... I like putting together my own assignments and doing our own schedule. It just amazes me they are so far off.

I will be honest, this is only the 3rd time this year that I've even looked at what she sends. I was just wondering what would happen if we did get audited....I have WAY WAY more than is required for each student ...

Quoting ladyluke2007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyluke2007
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:17 PM

O, OK.  I understand.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Its no trouble really...hence the ROFL... I like putting together my own assignments and doing our own schedule. It just amazes me they are so far off.

I will be honest, this is only the 3rd time this year that I've even looked at what she sends. I was just wondering what would happen if we did get audited....I have WAY WAY more than is required for each student ...

Quoting ladyluke2007:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN