Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm wanting to start going to church again; there are so many different churches in my town, different denominations, Lutheran, episcopal, Methodist, baptist, catholic, assembly of God, Nazarene, and many more, I don't really know where to start, I know there are differences in the denominations but not a lot about them. Do you just pick one and go and keep trying until you find one you like?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 14, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Replies (11-11):
5BMom
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 10:20 AM
I was born and raised Lutheran. I even went to lutheran schools from preschool to high school. When I was 26, I found a great non-denom church I loved... But then I moved to Idaho and married an athiest. Now I am divorced am started looking at churches because I felt the kids needed Sunday School. I have realized that organized religion is not my thing. Tge judgement and the hypocrisy is too much for me. I am going to be trying a spiritual center this spring that beleives God is our higher power, Jesus was a great teacher, and that is all accepting (has one gay pastor, incorporates World religions, etc...)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)