Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschool legal question?

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2012 at 11:35 PM
  • 3 Replies

I found a website called Homeschool Legal Advantage and I was wanting to know if anyone uses them or has ever had any legal issues since become a homeschooler.   My family and I will be taking my newphew out of school Monday after quite a bit of conflict with the school over bullying, and I am wanting to make sure there will be no problems with the school. 

So I was wanting to know if Homeschool Legal Advantage is good to join or if it is needed.  I noticed it does not cost a lot to join so I am wondering if they really help or if it would be a waste of my time. 

Any help you could give me would be appreciated, Thanks

by on Mar. 14, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
romacox
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I have heard of them, but you can join your State Home School Association, and they will usually provide information and assistance with your state's laws.  Most home school groups register with the Associations so you can hook up with others near you for support, lesson co-ops, field trips, celebrations, ceremonies, ext.

To find your State Association click on the following link, scroll down to your State, click on your state, and it will take you to at least one choice.  Most state associations are very helpful, but some states are not as  organized  as others.  In that case, I recommend HSLDA  (more expensive, but very trustworthy)

State Home School Associations 

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I use them to share information with other homeschoolers but I have not joined them!

gacgbaker
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I have heard of them and never heard anything bad about them- it sounds like they would be worth a try.  Good luck!  Sorry to hear about the bullying situation!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN