Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Did your kids start out in public school?

Posted by   + Show Post
If so, at what point did you pull them out? Was there one or two particular reasons?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Replies (21-24):
bmw29
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 9:29 AM
I pulled ds out halfway through his second grade year. There were tons of reasons but our number one reason at the time was the fact that he had two surgeries scheduled that year and would have missed tons of school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sourflower
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 12:15 PM
I did homeschooling for preschool with dd but I sent her to a public school for Kindergarten because we were zoned for one of the best schools in the state but then we moved & now we are homeschooling.
aspen12
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Yes. I very large regret! My son went through k and 1st in public school. I started hearing more about homeschooling while hew was in 1st. We made an out-of-state move between 1st and 2nd grade and he started 2nd in a private school. I pulled him a month into school. I so, so wish I had known about homeschooling earlier and that I would have started from the beginning. My main reason to begin homeschooling was because he was tested as highly gifted and school was not a good fit for him. He learned to dumb himself down and he thought he was odd and different. His joy of learning faded quickly. Once we started homeschooling I saw his joy of learning come back within weeks. My list for homeschooling as since grown and keeps growing. My son plans to homeschool his own children.

TexasKaty
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Thank y'all for sharing!! We are still a little undecided if we should at least give public school a shot... the schools are really good here. I'm leaning more towards homeschooling but my hubby wants them to start off public.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN