Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

anyone else a curriculum junkie??

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM
  • 3 Replies

I mostly use online http://www.lessonpathways.com/, and I create a ton of handson actitivities myself. BUT when I find a free or cheap curriculum that is something we may use, I have to get it. I explore it, stick on a shelf and done. LOL. I keep telling myself I am going to sell the ones I have decided against. But just this week I got an entire box of literacy based curriculum for my 7yo - FREE-. I dont even like most curriculum. I dont like the 'must stick to the book and follow the rules' kinda stuff. I want freedom. Who am I kidding?

Anyone else a curriculum junkie? This goes right along with, must buy office school supplies when its that cheap (like a clearance writing journal with story prompts I got at walmart last week for only $2).

Mommy to Corbin (9-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (7) Collin (2), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Not me!
Sarahsmommy1008
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm trying to be a reformed curriculum junkie  : )

I've been collecting used curriculum I find at yardsales and thrift stores since DD was born.  Now that we're ready to start hs her, I'm finding I don't want to use any of it - I've decided on something else!  SO, last week, I cleaned off the bookshelves and I'm trying to find homes for it all. 

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 4:39 PM

O.M.G

Yes.

I thought this would be cheaper than private school was. Not the way I do it. I have a serious curriculum addiction. I need a 12 step program. It's bad. Lol.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)