Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone had trouble with school authorities while homeschooling?

Posted by   + Show Post

has anyone had any troubles with the school authorities or any offical people while homeschooling or just even thinking about it?

by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Replies (11-16):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 17, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Nope. My kids don't exist to them as we are not required to register or anything.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Mar. 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Not so far, and hoping I never do :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wright1212
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Im actually in a contract with the school and utilizing my sons spec ed homeschool alottement! BUT (from a previous post) our ABA recently told the school she thinks he should go to get max aba therapy of 40hrs a week. I told the school I dont agree, they said OK-whatever you want you know him best!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Wow! That's BS.

Quoting pepsi_lover_mom:

Yep, the school reported me to CPS who had to open an investigation..they also harassed me for quite a while, the school district made me paid the student fees that were waived at the begining of the year (had to take out a $75 loan to do it), and it wasnt until i put an article about it in the local paper that they stopped.

JennyH66
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I pulled my daughter from classroom instruction in February with her school's (and the school district's) blessing. They provide a tutor for one hour every school day and will do so until school lets out for the summer. They provide assignments and I "teach" her at home. In the fall we will be on our own. They know this and have been very supportive.

LowryCuisine
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I haven't had any real trouble yet. I signed DS1 up for next years online homeschooling and the only snag I ran into was they office aide thought that I should wait till all the trimester grades were in for the year, but i told her I can always fax those over after we get them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)