Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

File sharing from pc to ipad?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM
  • 9 Replies

hi!!!!

im trying to get some of my unit study files and doc. over to my ipad? but cant seem to figure it out? anyone give me any hints?

by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I don't know anything about Ipads! That being said I have a Toshiba tablet & when I want files from my PC on it I use a USB flash drive to do it.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Hmmm, that I do not know. What kind of files are they? (PDF, word, etc)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I do have an idea - email them to yourself, then open them on the iPad and tell it to "open in iBooks".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:39 AM
You should be able to save files to your iCloud account, then on the ipad log into the iCloud and open the file. I also save school stuff to a jump drive then download off of the jump. You can not download some things off of a jump (like music files) and you have to have the photo pack (the little adapter that allows memorycards - jump drives to plug into the iPad)
oredeb
by debbie on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:32 AM

yes pdfs, doc, files

and i will try the ibook thingy! thanks

Quoting Boobah:

Hmmm, that I do not know. What kind of files are they? (PDF, word, etc)

oredeb
by debbie on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:33 AM

usmom if i cant do anything else i will try this! hahahah they must make a usb for an ipad?

Quoting usmom3:

I don't know anything about Ipads! That being said I have a Toshiba tablet & when I want files from my PC on it I use a USB flash drive to do it.

oredeb
by debbie on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:36 AM

i thought about that icloud thing!! hahaha but i wasnt sure what it did! thanks kickbutt!!! i will try and see if i can do it!

im not sure what you mean by jump drive? like a usb thingy? i have dropbox on both of the pc and the ipad so i thought that would work but it wont recognize it on the ipad from the comp.

that icloud must be like dropbox, the icloud came with the ipad so i will try that!  thanks!

Quoting KickButtMama:

You should be able to save files to your iCloud account, then on the ipad log into the iCloud and open the file. I also save school stuff to a jump drive then download off of the jump. You can not download some things off of a jump (like music files) and you have to have the photo pack (the little adapter that allows memorycards - jump drives to plug into the iPad)

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 20, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Quoting oredeb:

Yes a jump drive is a memory chip/stick.
P.N._Guin
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Any file you add to the iPad needs to be done through iTunes!
You can do it in The books tab the same Way you would music
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)