Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Happy spring!

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:39 AM
  • 12 Replies
So, according to my calendar, today is the first day of spring! Do you talk about it with your children? My daughter has been counting down, although lately it has felt more like summer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Happy Spring!!
Moma3boyz
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:06 AM
We talked about it a little. The kids were looking forward to playing outside on the first day of spring even though they have lived outside practically all winter. Our weather was much much warmer than usual all winter long. Unfortunately the middle son woke up with a fever of 102.5 and even with meds it is only down to 101.2, I feel sorry for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aspen12
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Happy spring!! Things have been rather warm here lately, feeling more like late spring, totally enjoying it. We have been taking weekend hikes in the woods I used to hike in as a child. My son is looking forward to finding frogs and tadpoles in the next couple months in the creeks in the woods. We used to make a bigger deal about the changing seasons but now we just kind of announce it and move on. 

aspen12
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Quoting Moma3boyz:

We talked about it a little. The kids were looking forward to playing outside on the first day of spring even though they have lived outside practically all winter. Our weather was much much warmer than usual all winter long. Unfortunately the middle son woke up with a fever of 102.5 and even with meds it is only down to 101.2, I feel sorry for him.

I am so sorry your little guy is sick. Get better vibes headed your way!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:16 AM
:( aww bad way to start spring. I hope it's fast! It has been a pretty mild winter here as well. Hopefully the summer isn't terribly hot!

Quoting Moma3boyz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1Redapple
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Happy Spring!

My dd is the one who said last night "tomorrow is the first day of spring".  All we talked about was how it had been six weeks since ground hog day. Because that is how long six weeks takes to go past.

butterfly on headThis past Sunday was very cold for our neck o' the woods, snow on the mountains and foothills.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I just announced it. We talked about the weather a bit.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Aw, poor guy!

Quoting Moma3boyz:

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

We haven't talked about it today but we have talked about it. My niece is at the hospital in labor with her daughter so we are getting a new family member for spring!

aspen12
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Quoting usmom3:

We haven't talked about it today but we have talked about it. My niece is at the hospital in labor with her daughter so we are getting a new family member for spring!

Huge congratulations!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN