Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is your child's worst area?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 3:21 PM
  • 7 Replies

?????

by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
oredeb
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 3:55 PM

do you mean in schooling?

swim-mom72
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 5:03 PM

My older son doesn't really struggle with anything. He has always been that way and is a self-motivated learner. I would like for him to be stronger in creative writing, he hates it, just not his thing.

My younger son struggles with almost any type of writing. If it isn't fill in the blank or short answer, he has a hard time. Hopefully, since he is only in 6th, we still have time to improve.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Mar. 21, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Focusing. Subject wise... History.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 6:49 PM

1 nothing i can think of she took every thing on

2 now she had the hardest time with phonics, she kept asking why mom, why does this letter sound like this

3 no worst things here either she passed everyone up 3 times over

4 my son had a hard time with phonics/reading so i waited till he was older and he managed it a lot better

wright1212
by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 8:22 AM

My dd is really great at math, science and social studies are fun as well as spanish. BUT OH the reading and spelling. Reading is ok, if I can get her to pay attention, and spelling assignments are ok. But she does not want to try to figure out new words, new word blends, spelling rules ect. She seems to be around a B- level. Everything else is almost skipping ahead to 2nd grade.

aspen12
by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 9:57 AM

He would say math. I do not feel he has a bad area. Math is not his favorite thing, but is on par. Drawing is not an area he feels he excels in either. He is used to everything coming to him so easily. When he runs into something he must think about awhile he feels like he is bad in that area. He was tested as highly gifted and he very rarely gets slowed down with learning, even as a baby, toddler, and preschooler. I remind him that most of us have to spend time learning new things and it does not mean he is bad in that area.

bmw29
by Member on Mar. 22, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Anything that deals with fine motor skills. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)