Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

new to this site and home schooling my son so this should be fun lol

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi my name is Linda and I live in michigan and I just recently started to home school my 6 yr old son, i really cant wait to get ideas and information from other moms:) Hopefullly some mommies are local!

by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
aspen12
by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this

A big welcome to you, Linda! How exciting!

We are state neighbors, I am in Ohio.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 22, 2012 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! I am Shannon, and I am far away in CT. I have been HS'ing my boys since they were toddlers, my oldest is almost 11 y/o now.
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2012 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Linda.  I too am a long ways away. North Central AR.   I have been home educating for 19 yrs.  My children are ages 32 down to 14.  All graduated from homeschool now except the 14 yr old  :-)

oredeb
by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 10:36 AM

welcome linda!!!! yea your homeschooling!!

what are you using for your son? do you have a homeschool group in your area?

romacox
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2012 at 10:42 AM

hi Mommoy3, good to have you here.  To answer your "hopes";  Most Home School groups register with their State Home School association so they can connect with other home school families like yourself.  For Michigan I found two:

INCH    

and The Home School Hub

My children are all grown now, but I still give home school workshops, and I am an in home tutor who works with elementary children.  My speciality is helping children learn to read.  This is a bit off the subject, but I am excited that I recently was invited to speak at the University Of North Florida to teach elementary teachers  how to help children learn to read. They are starting to figure out that we know something.

Ok back on your request for ideas.  The following article provides you with the different methods used by home educators (Home School is not the class room), understanding the different learning styles and how to teach to them, testing resources (some states require this), grade level requirements, helping children with ADHD, and much more: 

How To Home School

DeniseHarrison
by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 10:46 AM
welcome

mommoy03
by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Thank you eveyone for being so welcomeing!  I am always open to getting ideas bc im still just figureing this out and just trying to figure it all out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN