Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's your worst Homeschooling mistake??

Posted by   + Show Post

we want to learn from ours and everyone elses mistakes! whats yours?

by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Replies (11-16):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I'll have to read this. I think my DS1 might benefit from a few more changes. Thanks!

Quoting carolkey74:

My daughter is left brained, just like me. My son is right brained, just like my hubby. This is our third year (dd is 13 and in 10th, ds is 11 and in 6th), and I knew from the start that I wasn't getting through to him the way I wanted. I read the book, Right-Brained Children in a Left Brained World, and the light bulb came on! It's a great resource book!

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Trying to recreate a traditional classroom in the home.

Jjmill5
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Pushing ds too hard wanting him to be able to do what the book said he should be able to do.
home_teachin
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I didn't focus enough on writing when he was younger, and now he hates it. It's his worst subject.

oredeb
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 11:18 AM

hahaha sha!!! this is what i did for my oldest, poor thing! but after a few months i finally realisted it, well actually a friend pointed it out to me, when i changed things were sure a lot better!

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Trying to recreate a traditional classroom in the home.

2E-Mommy
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Probably switchig curriculums...I agree that there are too many great methods out there. Now we just use a mixture of different materials and it works great. Also, I wished I would have planned our days better in the beginning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)