Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

has anyone done this? how is it? I am yanking my three kids out of school next year. I can't stand this school system.

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Replies (21-27):
armybratmom612
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Are you sure it was connections academy that cost money it cost us nothing and I've looked it up for four different states we may be in next year and had nothing about costing anything

Quoting gypsy_rose:

I looked at the connections academy but we can't aford 15k a year and then 25k a year when they are all going to school.

Quoting StrictMomof2:

I tried K12, but had many technical issues with it. I also didn't have any interaction with his teachers at all. (It could have been our local K12 program that is an issue because many great reviews have come through for it in Northern states.) We use Connections Academy, and we LOVE it. Our four year old is going to Kindergarden this year to gain the basics, but after that we'll be home schooling him as well. We plan to do the same with our daughter.

Home schooling our eight year old has been the best thing we ever did for him. He's excelling and loves it. There are MANY headaches that come with it and there are days and sometimes weeks on end that I wonder why in the world I decided to do this. However, then there are those wonderful moments when I get to watch their eyes twinkle and see their delight when they learn a new concept and know that I helped them get to that point. Plus we have the ability to be with our kids all the time and know WE are the one's totally raising them. (My husband works from home and goes to college online.)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gypsy_rose
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 7:09 PM

yes.

Quoting armybratmom612:

Are you sure it was connections academy that cost money it cost us nothing and I've looked it up for four different states we may be in next year and had nothing about costing anything

Quoting gypsy_rose:

I looked at the connections academy but we can't aford 15k a year and then 25k a year when they are all going to school.

Quoting StrictMomof2:

I tried K12, but had many technical issues with it. I also didn't have any interaction with his teachers at all. (It could have been our local K12 program that is an issue because many great reviews have come through for it in Northern states.) We use Connections Academy, and we LOVE it. Our four year old is going to Kindergarden this year to gain the basics, but after that we'll be home schooling him as well. We plan to do the same with our daughter.

Home schooling our eight year old has been the best thing we ever did for him. He's excelling and loves it. There are MANY headaches that come with it and there are days and sometimes weeks on end that I wonder why in the world I decided to do this. However, then there are those wonderful moments when I get to watch their eyes twinkle and see their delight when they learn a new concept and know that I helped them get to that point. Plus we have the ability to be with our kids all the time and know WE are the one's totally raising them. (My husband works from home and goes to college online.)

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

armybratmom612
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Well that worries me I'll have to talk to the principal tomorrow since I was told its free everywhere. If it isn't I need to fin other schools

Quoting gypsy_rose:

yes.

Quoting armybratmom612:

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting StrictMomof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gypsy_rose
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 8:17 PM

look on their website for MA. 

Quoting armybratmom612:

Well that worries me I'll have to talk to the principal tomorrow since I was told its free everywhere. If it isn't I need to fin other schools

Quoting gypsy_rose:

yes.

Quoting armybratmom612:

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting StrictMomof2:

armybratmom612
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Oh I don't doubt you it just worried me that our plan may not be solid. My husband is in the army and we move On very short notice so j try to have plans in place. Im glad i saw this so i can make extra reserve plans. Thank you! I'm mobile or I'd look

Quoting gypsy_rose:

look on their website for MA. 

Quoting armybratmom612:

Quoting gypsy_rose:

yes.

Quoting armybratmom612:

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting StrictMomof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrictMomof2
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 7:18 AM

We use their public school version which is 100% free.

typingCome check out my blog at http://tidbitsofexperience.blogspot.com/. I'd love to have your feedback there.  Also it lets you know more about me and my family. Hope your having a great day.

2E-Mommy
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I think using the K12 program is a great transition from public school to homeschooling. It isn't for everyone, but I know a few people who enjoy using it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)